Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dog chewed wire

Posted by girlscout88m (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 8, 09 at 0:23

HAVE CRAFTSMAN G OPENER....I CAN USE MY REMOTE TO OPEN THE DOOR, BUT WHEN I GO TO CLOSE IT, THE BULB LIGHT ON MAIN CELING UNIT BLINKS FEW TIMES THEN I HAVE TO MANUALLY GET OUT (-50) RUN BACK INTO GARAGE TO THE WALL UNIT AND CLOSE MANUALLY. SAME WHEN I AM ENTERING THE DRIVE, I CAN OPEN WITH REMOTE BUT NOT CLOSE. I REPAIRED THE WIRE THE DOG CHEWED, WHICH WAS THE RIGHT SIDE BLACK SENSOR BOX. HOPEFULLY I REPAIRED! WHEN I WAS UNTANGLING WIRE TO GET MORE FEED FROM THE MAIN UNIT ON THE CEILING, I NOTICED FLASHING LIGHT, THOUGHT, "WELL ATLEAST IT IS STILL ON". SAW THE RED SQUARE BUTTON, THOUGHT "HMMMM, MAYBE RESET BUTTON"........NO, DID NOT PUSH. I AM TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT ON MY OWN. THE HUSBAND WON'T SO I AM. COULD SOMEONE HELP! SAME THING WITH HIS REMOTE ALSO, CAN OPEN WITH VEHICLE REMOTE, BUT HAS TO MANUALLY CLOSE FROM THE INSIDE PANEL. ANY OTHER TROUBLESHOOTIN I CAN DO?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dog chewed wire

the very FIRST thing you can do is turn off your caps lock.

now on to trouble shooting.

the no close with remote is normal for when a sensor reports something blocking it's path. you need to verify the wires are repaired properly(make sure they go to the correct ones), and then make sure the sensors are aligned. both units have lights on them and both lights should be solid at all times. if not, then reaim them at each other until they are.

o
RE: dog chewed wire

girlscout the wires to the sensor are color coded and must be hooked up properly. I hope your dog chewed the wires far enough away from the sensor so that you are just splicing the wires together. One of the wires is white and the other wire is white with a black tracer. Then do as davidandkasie said and make sure the sensors are pointed at one another and both little lights are on. I think I used to own that dog.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garages/Workshops Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here