Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buehl

Mid-level furniture places in MD?

Buehl
15 years ago

We're looking for mid-level furniture for our family room and was wondering if we could get recommendations from folks here of places to check in the Maryland area. We're in Western Howard County, but are willing to travel around the area, even into VA if we have to! We've looked at The Room Store and Haverty's so far. (How do they rate, btw? I have an idea, but I'd like your opinion first.)

We prefer upholstered, but will also consider leather. We're looking for a long sofa (~100"), chair, recliner for a tall person (for DH who's 6'5"), and 2 or 3 end tables. Color has not been decided yet and will pick furniture b/f we get new carpet.

To give you an idea of the style of furniture we're looking for (to help w/store recommendations), I thought it might be best to show you what our FR looks like right now...but we're slowly remodeling the first floor. We like fairly traditional furniture...definitely not "modern" or "minimalist". I.e, detailing is welcomed. But, no frilly-ness!

Here's a pic of our FR in May 2006. It's since been somewhat de-cluttered, but the color of the fireplace is the same. There's now a 4' opening b/w the FR & Kitchen and it's completely open b/w the Kitchen & DR (on the other side of the kitchen). My kitchen is traditional and so will the DR furniture (when we get that...but that's a few years from now!)

FR May 2006

Kitchen looking into FR (To give you an idea of styles; cherry wood, mandarin stain, coffee glaze)

Comment (1)