Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melissa809

Macy's Worry No More

melissa809
10 years ago

Hello
I'm new to this forum. I purchased a leather sofa with wood legs from Macy's and bought this protection plan. I somehow chipped the wood of one of these legs and noticed that 3 of the 4 legs were cracked!

I put in claims online tonight. But after a google search it seems I will most likely NOT get serviced by this company. Does anyone have input/good news about this protection plan.

Also, I was thinking if worse comes to worse I could just purchase replacement legs and install them myself but for the life of me I cannot find the manufacturer of my sofa. Do I need to contact my salesman (I have his business card) or Macy's itself?

This is providing I get no satisfaction from the Worry no More protection plan

Thanks in advance
Melissa

Comments (7)

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

Melissa this should be covered by there plan. They call it their plan but it is probably from Guardian or Guardsmen. There are better plans and the coverages may vary. When you call them to report the damage keep in mind that most of these plans have a stipulation that the damage had to have happened in the last five days. So make sure you say it happened yesterday, when you had company and several people were sitting on the sofa.

In any event legs are easily fixed. Go to Macy's and tell them to change the legs and they should call the manufacturer.

In most cases the legs could also be glued or repaired to look like new. Look for a furniture repair company in your area. Due some research for repair companies who are in your area. I would say the cost would be about $75 to $175 depending on where you live.

If you had to fix these yourself. Tape off the area on either side of the cracks with blue tape from the paint department of Home Depot or Lowes.As soon as it is dry remove the tape as you don't want to pull off the finish. Then slightly pry open the cracks and squeeze in Gorilla glue (from Home Depot) You could use their yellow wood repair glue or Tight Bond glue also from Home depot. If the legs are square you could clamp them each with a clamp you could also buy at Home Depot (screw clamp). Do one at a time so you only need one clamp. If they are round you could tightly tape them closed with the same tape, wrapping it several times around the leg. As far as the chip. Do you have the chip if so glue it back in place. If not you could fill it and color it. But in then end it would be best to hire a tech.

You could even remove the legs and take them to your local highschool or technical school and ask for the teacher in the wood shop and they might help you. I did this once when I needed a boat hatch cover which fell overboard and they made me a beautiful fiberglass hatch cover and only charged me for materials.

How long have you had the sofa?

In any event I would be very surprised if Macy's didn't take care of this and just order new legs. If they give you a hard time ask for the store manager.

• melissa809
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info! I have only had the sofa since October. I'm thinking if they deny me I will just call my salesman and buy replacement legs. I did purchase online a high end furniture repair kit...with the wax sticks and melting iron, etc. I am very handy with tools as I am an electrician by trade and my Dad is a woodworker.

If worse comes to worse....I can unscrew the legs and have Dad take a look. I just hate to bother him as he is in his 60's....works full time....and is busy with his own projects.

But Dad would never say no to his little girl....lol

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

Melissa this is a legitimate complaint with or without the warranty. I can't really see how they would deny you the replacement legs but if you and your father are handy it would be quite easy to fix.

• melissa809
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the replies! I actually contacted Macy's as well....and it seems they will be sending me replacement legs which just screw on. All of that worrying for nothing!

Thanks again

• Dr. Han
    3 months ago

Trying to find a place to let people know that this Worry no more is absolutely a scam. Avoid it at all cost. For one, after 7 years, when you are eligible to file a claim, you only have 90 days to do so, otherwise, it will expire. And even if you are the kind of person who keep everything on track, you will then find out that it is not a cash refund, just a voucher for limited items from Macys only. And their custom support reps are absolute useless and do not even bother to hide their reluctances to help.

• Melike Topcuoglu
    2 months ago

Do not spend your money on buying macy worry no more BS protextion plan , It is 100% scam and is good for nothing ! They claim that it is a accumuation of stains and will not cover . What a scam Macy's ! You deserve to get out of business