Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Living Room Help

Posted by lmtish610 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 21:07

I recently moved into this condo and I really need help with this living room. The carpet was gray and two of the walls are gray and the other wall is butter yellow. YUCK!!! So I bought plush carpet that's a cappuccino color (sometimes it looks coppery or gold; I'm not really happy about that either.) and I still need to paint.

Question 1: With this brownish, coppery, gold looking carpet, what color should I paint the walls? BTW - I have burgundy leather furniture and don't how much longer I will keep it.

Question 2: The wall in this picture is 19' wide and 10' tall and I am having a hard time figuring out how to fill up the space. I have a tv stand and a 55" tv, but there's a ton of space on both side and above the tv. The tv and stand is only about 4 feet tall, so there's 6' of empty space above it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Living Room Help

So many colors go with brown. Here are some from Benjamin Moore.
Wheeling Neutral, Taos Taupe,bar harbor beige, blue echo, elemental,bonne nuit, lapland, cotswald, tea room, abington putty, yarmouth blue, crystalline.

o

having a combination of black and brown is best because it gives a contemporary look to your bedroom

o

Bedroom?

This is a living room!

o

having a combination of red and black gives the most exotic and stunning look to your living room. it captivates the visitor at first sight... you must try it out...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here