Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Education on Furniture Brands

Posted by beacu (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 4, 09 at 20:38

http://picturehosting.com/gallery.php?u=beacu&g=Living-and-Dining-Room
I need to educate myself on furniture brands... Any help on how to go about doing it... What are some of the 'good' furniture brands out there?
I am looking to furnish my new living/dining room. I would like to go traditional, but more of a classic, relaxed look.
I need:
-furniture
-window treatments
I have seen some pieces I like on the Bassett Furniture website... Does anyone have any experience with them?
I have posted some pictures on the above website...
THANK YOU!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Education on Furniture Brands

If you would like to get an education on furniture go to

www.myfurnitureforum.com

Duane Collie runs the site and you will get a good education there. He owns a high end furniture store in Alexandria Va The furniture he deals in is gorgeous especially his wood pieces. Most of it is artisian made. He will sell over the internent. I live near the store and just bought a couch and 2 recliners from him.

He has a small web site but you'll get the idea.
www.thekeepingroom.com

If you do a search here for his user name you will come up with some of his posts. His user name is dcollie

o

Thank you for your reply... The site really has a lot of choices...

o

I would definitely not go with Bassett's. Here is one link on some of the horrible reviews, and you can find another by doing an internet search on Bassett Furniture & complaints. Fortunately, I saw that information right before placing a huge order with the store. I got concerned and did that research because of some odd behavior in the store; the sales rep physically blocked me from looking at the label attached to the furniture, and she insisted that all Bassett's furniture is made in the USA although almost all of it is outsourced to other countries now (which affects quality, chemicals used, shipping time, and correction of defects). That's how I ended up on this website, because now I'm trying to find a furniture company that is honest about its products.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bassett Furniture Complaints

o

It is so difficult to find furniture that is entirely made in the USA... I continue with my education. Things have changed in just a matter of a few years.
Today I visited Raymour and Flannigan, but didn't find anything I would care to purchase.

Here is a link that might be useful: My new room

o

Here is some good info about Furniture...some stuff on brands...they have a good furniture glossary

Here is a link that might be useful: FurnitureEducation

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here