Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dull Spots on NEW leather sofa

Posted by melissa809 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 19:59

Hello

I bought a leather sofa back in October. I already had issues with the legs cracking for which the company sent me new legs under warranty.

But I just noticed some dull spots on the side of my couch. I had noticed them about a month ago but attributed it to the lighting in my condo but upon further inspection they are dull spots.

And these spots are more like random "squiggles". I have no idea what caused this and I really don't think it was me.

Anyways, is there anyway to make these dull spots match the sheen of the rest of my couch???

Thanks
Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dull Spots on NEW leather sofa

Sometimes a leather sofa can be upholstered and look perfect after it is finished at the factory however depending on what part of the hide is used it can look dried out in spots as you have described.

What type of leather is this? Is it a full aniline (high end) leather, a pigmented painted leather. This would most likely occur in a higher end full aniline dyed leather as with a pigmented leather the surface would be fully covered with "paint". Does the leather have a waxy surface, wax pull up". It could be repaired in most cases with a good leather tech. You could try a conditioner but then the conditioner may interfere with the repair.

I think you said previously you purchased this at Macy's. I would call them and make a claim as this is really a defect.

o

Thanks for the input. Yes, I did buy this from Macy's. But, I am afraid they will attribute these dull spots somehow to me.

I guess you think it is worth giving Macy's a call?

o

Can you please tell me which sofa it is you bought, as I am also looking at sofas at Macys.

Macy's is a reputable company and usually has great customer service. I do hope they resolve your problem.

Again, which sofa?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here