Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to stop sectional couch from moving

Posted by auggie1020 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 26, 12 at 19:24

Hi All: We have a sectional couch that we bought from Macy's (I think it is a Baldwin Sectional). It is very nice and comfortable and big, but there is one annoying problem. We needed to order the couch in 3 pieces to get the configuration we wanted and the sections do not stay together at all. If someone sits on the couch, the section they sit on moves out of place. It is on hardwood floor so I guess it is more prone to move. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it from moving so much? Any suggestions on how we might fasten the sections together? I thought this might help.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to stop sectional couch from moving

Their is a standard connector for this. It should come standard on all sectionals. You should contact Macys about this. The bottom of each sectional must be the same height and have additional piece of wood installed to double the rail for mounting these connector. Requires 2 per side.
I notice some Amazon stores sells this. Try searching for:
Sofa Snap Sectional Couch Connector, Flat Fixed Mount (Model #910)

o

These Slipstick Furniture Feet floor protectors are awesome. I have them on my sofa and loveseat and the furniture DOES NOT MOVE! They work so well, we have to LIFT instead of SLIDE when moving the furniture. I bought the size for bun feet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slipstick Furniture Feet floor protectors

o

Just a follow up. I boast the little round "coaster" type floor protectors. They were cheap and they stopped the couch from moving!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here