Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rob_fleming6164357

How to stop sectional couch from moving

Rob F.
11 years ago

Hi All: We have a sectional couch that we bought from Macy's (I think it is a Baldwin Sectional). It is very nice and comfortable and big, but there is one annoying problem. We needed to order the couch in 3 pieces to get the configuration we wanted and the sections do not stay together at all. If someone sits on the couch, the section they sit on moves out of place. It is on hardwood floor so I guess it is more prone to move. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it from moving so much? Any suggestions on how we might fasten the sections together? I thought this might help.

Thanks.

Comments (5)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    11 years ago

Their is a standard connector for this. It should come standard on all sectionals. You should contact Macys about this. The bottom of each sectional must be the same height and have additional piece of wood installed to double the rail for mounting these connector. Requires 2 per side.
    I notice some Amazon stores sells this. Try searching for:
    Sofa Snap Sectional Couch Connector, Flat Fixed Mount (Model #910)

• tuesday_2008
    11 years ago

These Slipstick Furniture Feet floor protectors are awesome. I have them on my sofa and loveseat and the furniture DOES NOT MOVE! They work so well, we have to LIFT instead of SLIDE when moving the furniture. I bought the size for bun feet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Slipstick Furniture Feet floor protectors

• Rob F.
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just a follow up. I boast the little round "coaster" type floor protectors. They were cheap and they stopped the couch from moving!

• Barbara Eubanks
    8 years ago

Sofa Snap is really cool. Just make sure you get them from Homeplace Group. There are other retailers that sell fake Sofa Snaps, Homeplace Group is who actually makes them.

Here's the link to the #910 model Sofa Snap #910

• jakkom
    8 years ago

Thanks to all of you who posted solutions for this - we plan on buying some IKEA leather sectionals, and I was wondering how to keep them from sliding on our HW flooring!