Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natasha1122

Can anyone recommend a GOOD inner-spring mattress?

Natasha1122
12 years ago

Looking to purchase a new mattress/box spring. I'd like one with inner springs, as the memory-foam types are too hot for me. I like "plush firm" (haven't decided whether or not a pillowtop is necessary to get that effect), but something that won't turn to "mush" after a few months.

I also don't one those sets where you almost need a step stool to get into bed. The Kingsdown I have now is about 22" deep (and that's with a low-profile box spring!!!). It's way too high, making it difficult to find a headboard that looks right and sheets that will fit.

Looking for a Queen size; willing to spend up to $2K.

I'm especially interested in recommendations from people who've owned theirs for more than a year (for obvious reasons).

Thank you all in advance!!!

Comments (4)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    12 years ago

Sure its good to get recommendations, but if you solely go on what other people have said about their pacific experiences with their mattresses you could be very disappointed with their recommendations. Their are some very basic principals about mattress construction that when a manufacturer follows these principals, their mattresses will feel and sleep the same for many years.
    Once you understand what makes a high quality mattress, then you can choose the comfort to match your requirements.
    Its really that easy!
    Follow the link on my posts and/ or Consumer Reports has some good articles,
    IBC, Serta, Simmons, Sealy, Select Comfort and Tempur-Pedic are your major mattress producers and together have about 68% of the market.

Here is a link that might be useful: mattresses 101

• Natasha1122
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you. Will check it out now.

• Toronado3800 Zone 6 St Louis
    12 years ago

Be on your toes with the discount stores. Do not believe the scratch and dent or "floor sample" sales. There are a dozen stores arou d st louis selling used-rebagged brand name mattresses.

No law tags=used.

And while you are at it check the tags to see when it was nee.

• freethinker99
    12 years ago

You might want to check out the new gel mattresses if you are concerned about the heat some people experience from a conventional foam mattress.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022