Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
leather couch choices

Posted by Dina94 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 18, 10 at 18:35

My dh is 6'2" and wants a high backed leather couch with firm cushions on the bottom. The problem with this is that this does not make for a comfortable couch to cuddle/recline on. Is there a a good option to accommodate his heighth while still allowing me to be able to be comfortable while reclining on the couch? Please suggest brands; we are new at choosing good brands for leather. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: leather couch choices

I have been out looking for a leather sofa for about a month or so. I'm not in a hurry so I have been taking my time finding just the right one. Most of the furniture stores around here are chains and they carry just plain junk. I have found that any leather sofa that I expect to last cannot be found for under 2000. This is the one I think I'm getting. I found it at a higher end furniture store in their clearance section, regular price of 3500 marked down to 2100. I'm only 5'2" and its really deep backed so my feet are dangling but since I never sit like that on my couch, it doesn't matter. It seems to be good for a taller person. I'll be putting my feet up on an ottoman or tucked under me. The color is a darker brown that looks motteled (like spray painted), so it is supposed to looked aged. The leather is very thick unlike the crappy stuff I found at Raymour and Flanigan and Ashley Furniture. The cushions come off and are held with velcro in the back. I didn't want the sewn kind as I think they will eventually rip. I hope to get at least 10 or more years from this. Its by Bernhardt. The dimensions are 96 x 44.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bernhardt leather sofa

o
RE: leather couch choices

We have a Bradington Young sectional that we bought a few years ago. This is a very high quality leather that will last for years. Ours is high back with very firm cushions. We also got a large round matching leather otttoman that we use for feet and as a coffee table (we play a small tray on it to hold glasses).

We bought it at a local design store but we almost bought it online through thekeepingroom.com. The local store matched the online price and they had the sectional in stock - we only had to wait for the ottoman to come in.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here