Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicolelynn1228

$4600 for a Sectional am I crazy?

nicolelynn1228
15 years ago

I love this sectional from Arhaus furniture. Do you think it is worth $4600? Any suggestions for something similar at a better price?

Comments (17)

• casajakada
    15 years ago

I'm not familiar with Arhaus but the price seems steep for something that I've seen copied in all price ranges. If I spend a lot of money on something that I want, I don't want it to be available everywhere I look. I think price itself is hard to judge as I don't know if you're using a microfiber as I believe is shown or something more expensive and unusual. I'd check with some NC manufacturers for pricing on the item before I'd pay that at a local store if you haven't done so already. Try Boyle's or some of the others at Hickory Furniture Mart.

• cherylb-29566
    15 years ago

this looks like a Rowe sectional
    www.rowefurniture.com
    You can probably buy it discounted for half.

• backsweat
    15 years ago

Yes that is crazy! Arhaus is decent but not $4600 for a sectional decent. Check out Rowe as the previous poster mentioned or Lee Industries at Lee Industries dot com. Lee's made in the usa, 8-way hand tied and will still run less. Many folks here have orded Lee Industries stuff from Alan Ferguson in Hickory NC. They also carry it at Crate and Barrel, though someone mentioned that the CB stuff is not 8 way hand tied, you can contact lee and find out. Rowe and Lee Industries are good middle of the road (probably as good or better than Arhaus). Depending upon where your from, you can also check room and board dot com.

• butterfly_gal
    15 years ago

We spent about that much in 2002 on an Ethan Allan curved sectional (3 piece) that seats 4-8 depending on how cozy you want to be. I regret it now; after only two years, each section started sagging, and between sections (the only places that don't sink) is very uncomfortable. Now it's been 6 1/2 years; hasn't gotten any worse but it's certainly not getting better. A couple Cracker Barrel oak "pews" are starting to look good to me after this sagging problem.

The link provided is very similar in appearance and price to what we got although we had no option for a sleeper sofa.

Others seem to think $4600 is expensive; I suppose that depends on the fabric as well as cost of construction. You have to "guestimate" longevity vs. cost of replacement or reupholstering. I thought going with Ethan Allen justified the cost, but it certainly did not in our case.

Here is a link that might be useful: curved corner of franklin curved sectional

• amzw
    15 years ago

I have that sectional! We love the dimensions on it. I just wish my fabric was still available. We recently moved and it does not fit in our new space as well as it did in the last house. I paid a little under 4,000 about 3 years ago. Arhaus is local up here and they have a great reputation. I wouldn't have any worries about quality. After 3 years we have no complaints!

• countryboymo
    15 years ago

It better come with the rest of the living room furnishings for that price!

• nicolelynn1228
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Update-I purchased this sectional in a different configuration. It arrived on Saturday and I have no regrets. I love it and so does my dh who is very hard to please. It is super comfy and looks great in our family room.

• ncamy
    15 years ago

Uh oh...I'm about to spend that much (actually a little more) on my sectional which is even smaller. Y'all are making me think I'm crazy. We are getting a Stanford sofa. After sitting on hundreds of pieces of furniture throughout North Carolina and beyond, we found nothing which compared. But with their regular sofa prices hovering around $3000 (about $7-8000 full retail), I really didn't think that $5000 for the sectional was out of line. By the way I was not getting a fancy grade of fabric, but it's a heck of a lot higher quality than what's shown on most other sofas.

• PRO
    V-Dub Furniture Store In Arizona
    9 years ago

I think price itself is hard to judge as I don't know if you're using a
    microfiber as I believe is shown or something more expensive and
    unusual.

• lascatx
    9 years ago

Plus the purchase was probably made 7+ years ago.

• aeland
    8 years ago

nicolelynn1228, you've had the sectional from Arhaus for 7 years now. Would you still recommend it? We are about to call and order the sofa & sofa/chaise, but doing my final research before I call. Thank you.

• patty Vinson
    8 years ago

Arhaus, like Restoration Hardware, is overpriced as well as overated. It's not necessarily a quality piece you're paying for, but the name, which for some reason has gotten too much hype. The sofa doesn't look to be anything extraordinary.

• Jennifer Durkan
    8 years ago

I am about to order the Dune sectional from Arhaus in theater gunsmoke. Anyone have any thoughts before I do..just can't decide

• PRO
    KNL Designs
    8 years ago

I would go with a Taylor King Sectional!! Best quality out there!!

• chri22y
    7 years ago

Jennifer Durham I am trying to make same decision. I also love the swivel chairs. They ate a nice change from wicker. Let me know what you decide.

• clockett1971
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Very late to this conversation. Earlier models of this sectional used feathers mixed with fiberfill on the back cushions believing the feathers would keep the fiberfill from lumping up. Unfortunately, Arhaus was mistaken about this. I have one that was built in 2009 and the upholstery fabric has withstood the test of time. But, like I said, the cushions will lump up and look terrible. You will either have to purchase additional cushion inserts or open the old cushion inserts, unlump the fiberfill and add more feathers. I chose the latter. The photo is from May 2021—after the cushions had been fixed. The sectional was made in 2009.