Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shanmartin_gw

what are the best furniture shops in northern virginia

shanmartin
14 years ago

Hi

We just bought a new home we are new to this area. can anyone recommend the best furniture shops in northern virginia.

Thanks,

Shan.

Comments (8)

• denali2007
    14 years ago

I will second The Keeping Room in Alexandria. Duane is wonderful to work with. I'm looking foward to the delivery of my Leathercraft sofa and 2 recliners tomorrow. He has beautiful high end furniture. Another good place is Colony House in Arlington. High end and can be pricy but nice stuff.
    You can get some med priced things at Belfort Furniture in Sterling off route 28 and Greenfront furniture has a large store out in Manassas. They are part of Greenfront Furniture that is in Farmville, VA near Richmond, about 2/12 hours from NOVA. Could be worth the trip. They have several buildings worth of furniture.

• shanmartin
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks denali!

• ambitiousbeginner
    14 years ago

shanmartin,

Please do a customer review on Marlo!!!!! I will say no more.

• laura11106
    14 years ago

ambitiousbeginner -- I actually worked a few years ago for a non-profit organization that handled and mediated unresolved consumer complaints in the Washington DC area. Marlo Furniture did have more complaints than all other furniture stores combined.

After taking that into consideration, however, they do offer good values on most of their furniture. If you are looking for something in the low to mid-price range and need it right away, they are still worth a look.

Actually, when you consider the size of the company and the thousands of customers they serve each year, even a few hundred complaints indicates that most of their customers probably survived the experience without serious problems.

Here is a link that might be useful: Marlo Complaints

• raljan
    14 years ago

Henkel-Harris in the Lynchburg/Roanoke area is a manufacturer...good, but expensive.

• beth4
    14 years ago

Second vote for a nice trip out to Farmville to visit the fabulous Green Front furniture company. Although I have a house full of quality furniture, when I lived in both Arlington and Charlottesville, I frequently took a trip to Green Front to purchase furniture or add to my Oriental carpetse. They have an absolutely amazing selection of hand-knotted Oriental carpets from India, Pakistan, Afghanistan.

Check out this website to see the brands they carry, and get info on their carpet store. Not only do they carry excellent brands -- one warehouse is dedicated to high-end furniture -- but their prices are excellent, too.

I think this place is a real treasure, and well worth the drive. Plus, there are several nice restaurants in Green Front, so you can relax after your looking and decision-making with quality food and a bottle of wine.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Front Furniture in Farmville, VA

• jake5
    14 years ago

I would second Green Front or you could try Simms Furniture in Fredricksburg.