Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jebtb

Thomasville - recent bad experience

jebtb
11 years ago

About five years ago, we bought a dresser from Thomasville. The customer service was excellent, and the dresser is of outstanding quality in all respects. In August, I went to buy nightstands to match the dresser. I bought one off the floor and ordered one, paying in advance.

It took 95 days to get the nightstand. While I was waiting, neither my local store nor Thomasville's home office would give me a straight answer about what was taking so long or when I would get the nightstand. The home office would only communicate by email.

Eventually, Thomasville's home office implied my local store was responsible for the delayed delivery but would not be specific. I suspect the local store was either juggling cash and orders or trying to save on shipping costs by combining my small order with a bigger one (which would be fine if they were honest about it).

When the ordered nightstand arrived, it turned out to be Chinese made. The legs were wobbly, a leg to apron joint was broken, and an edge was slightly splintered. All these things are easily fixed, but should not exist in the first place in a $500 nightstand. The Chinese stand's joints are constructed differently the joint's in the U.S. made stand I bought off the floor. It will be interesting to see how the finish and wood hold up over time.

All in all, this was one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. I was wondering if this is just par for the course with Thomasville now. Has anybody had any recent good or bad experiences with Thomasville?