Resale Value on Stickley Furniture made in 1990's

Posted by Maryalicem (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 15:14

Hello -

I am trying to sell the following Stickley pieces in oak:

4 Harvey Ellis side chairs (no inlay)
2 Harvey Ellis arm chairs (no inlay)
1 52" pedestal table with 2 15"leaves

These are newer Stickley (probably made in 1990's) and I am the 2nd owner of the set. It is all in pretty good shape - the table top has never been used without the pad. The legs show some bumps and bruises, but nothing too big. All very sturdy.

Current retail value in San Francisco for the entire set is approx. $12,000

Any idea how this stuff holds value? I know I would start with 50% off but then how much more should I go down? Any opinions are most welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Resale Value on Stickley Furniture made in 1990's

Have you tried calling a high end furniture consignment shop? I myself think the Stickley furniture is overpriced.

o

Good idea. Not sure I even know one in my area. Guess that's another thing to research. Thanks.

o

maybe this link

Here is a link that might be useful: harrington galleries

o

Most helpful. Thank you. I actually live an hour south of SF - so hadn't heard of Harringtons. I sent them an inquiry. Thank you.

o

I just put a Stickley sofa table from 1996 in a no reserve auction.

The auction house deals with a lot of antique Stickley and they put an estimate value of 75% -95% of what I paid for it $900 something), which I found surprising. It's a no reserve auction however and if it's a bad auction day it could walk for $10. However, they are generally very accurate with their estimates.

This post was edited by palimpsest on Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 18:55

o

I have always had good luck with Craigs List for selling furniture. It is surprising how many people look there and it's free. You just have to repeat your postings. I would say 50% off is a good place to start and you may have to go down another 10%

o

I think you could check the listings in the SF Craigs list for furniture and you might find what others are asking for thier high end furniture. My daughter lives near Seattle and just before Thanksgiving she found a beautiful hand made dining room set with a table that extends about 15 feet with all the leafs in and 12 chairs, all with arms and very beautiful thick pads in the high backs and seats. The original cost was over $6000 abd she paik only $1200 for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here