Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kateshome_gw

Not happy with calico corner sofa

kateshome
10 years ago

Just had delivered a sofa from calico corner. The frame is lovely and done very well. But the cushions are another story. The welting isn't sewn on straight. One cushion sticks out farther than the other. The back cushions don't sit flat on the seat cushions. And the seat cushions are wrinkled in the front. They told me they are comfort wrinkles!? Someone from the store stopped over today to take pictures and I am waiting to hear from the manager. Has anyone else had experience good or bad with calico corner furniture?

Comments (6)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    10 years ago

Upholstery manufacturers struggle with getting proper fit and finish for their cushions on sofas and sectionals more than any other quality issues. Their is quite a bit of science and engineering goes into developing the cutting patterns and the fills so their is correct fit that works with all types of fabrics and leathers. Its so important as to how skillful their product development team to get this balance correct. Throw in the mix also is how skilled cutters and sewers are to reach the optimum finish and fit of the cushions set by the product development dept. Considering all of the above is why this is about the number one complaint manufacturers receive, and the most difficult to get correct.
    Calico Corners, previously was using Miles Talbott for their upholstery, not sure if thats still true.
    The job they did is doesnt meet the standard quality that should go into a upholstered piece at this price point.

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

If you measure the seat cushions are the cushions actualy the same size or is one 1 1/2" deeper as in the picture? If they do have this much variation they should take this sofa back.

• kateshome
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The manager of the store came out and refluffed cushions and she worked for quite a bit to get the cushions to fit better. She also sent out the man who steams their curtains to steam the wrinkles. Still isn't satisfactory, but the manager was on vacation for the past week so have not received word of what they will do next. She promised to make it right, but still waiting! Meanwhile I received two chairs that I had ordered when I had ordered the sofa. The arms are wrinkling on them. Overall very dissatisfied, will continue to work to receive a satisfactory outcome,as promised.

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

I'd say this is unacceptable. Not a quality job. Sorry this happened to you, but it is fixable...just make sure not at a cost to you! Good luck!

• kateskouros
    10 years ago

i know it's a little late for this, but you should never hesitate to decline delivery on anything that isn't up to your standards. i would have had them wrap the sofa and return. just an FYI. i hope you can get this settled quickly.

• newenglandgarden
    10 years ago

We bought a wing chair from CC and it was perfect. Don't know if that's helps you at all, but you asked for experiences good and bad ⦠sorry you are having such a bad experience! They are not inexpensive so it should be good.