Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eweneek1

Elite Furniture, LexFurniture, and Boyles - Purchase Opinion

Larry Wasson
17 years ago

Getting ready to purchase four pieces of Sherrill Case Goods along with a desk and lateral file cabinet from Sligh. Total weight is 676 pounds. The quotes from Lex and Elite are within a few dollars of each other. Boyles on the other hand is about 30% higher. Being as I am in California, both Elite and Lex do not charge me sales tax, but Boyles does because they are registered in my state. Shipping is about the same for all three. That means Boyles would be about 38% higher than Elite and Lex. Do Elite and Lex have good delivery performance in relation to their lower prices??

Comments (12)

• uafly1
    17 years ago

I just posted my recent experience with Lex. I have shopped with both Boyles and Lex. I did find that Boyles prices were higher then Lex. I am having problems with Lex in the the delivery department so I would can't say that I would recommend them. Boyles is great for customer services and the delivery was a breeze. One thing to consider, try taking your quotes to local stores and see if they will match.
    If your a patient person and willing to wait, the money you save using Lex may be worth it. I have not used Elite.

• judielynn
    17 years ago

I ordered a Sherrill chair and matching ottoman via LexFurniture.com mid-October. When we ordered, the sales woman said delivery would be 12-14 weeks. We got a call from the delivery company today (1/3/07). They will be here tomorrow between 5-7 pm to deliver the chair and ottoman. That is less than 12 weeks, and a narrow delivery window. So far - so good!

When the delivery company called they said the shipping charge would be $249. When I ordered the furniture, Pat at Lexington Furniture told me shipping fees would be about $180. My husband called Pat to check on the difference. She said to have the money order or cashiers check for $180 for the delivery company and LexFurn would "take care of the rest."

I will post after the furniture arrives with an update. Hopefully I can give you a good report.

We decided to try Lexfurniture because the price was significantly less than Boyles or any of the other NC companies I called. We'll see for sure after the furniture arrives, but I am hopeful.

Judy

• judielynn
    17 years ago

Update to my earlier post. The Sherrill chair and ottoman we ordered from Lexington Furniture arrived Thursday (1/4/07) evening in perfect condition.

The truck arrived at 6:35 pm. They said they would be here between 5 and 7 pm. Can't ask for more than that.

It was raining so the guys kept the plastic cover over the chair and ottoman while carrying them into the house to keep them dry. Another good thing.

They were careful while carrying the pieces into the house so as not to scratch the door frame or damage the furniture.

The shipping was $180, even though the delivery company had called the day before and told us it would be $249. (See note above.) The truck driver called his supervisor to confirm $180 was correct. It was fine - so no problems there.

'Plycon' shipping delivered our furniture. Pat at Lexington Furniture told us they are using a new company. I guess 'Plycon' is the new company. We were very pleased with their service.

We purchased a leather sectional and dining room furniture from local furniture stores this fall. I have had more trouble with damage and delivery times with these stores than I did with the chair and ottoman from Lexington Furniture. I will be ordering a few more pieces of furniture and I will definitely use Lexington Furniture again!

Thank you to everyone for sharing there thoughts and experiences on this board. Had it not been for me reading about Lexington Furniture here, I would never have known they existed.

Judy

ps. I have attached a picture of our chair and ottoman - I am very pleased with them. In reality, the chair is closer to the beige of the carpet, walls, and tile. It looks more gold in the image. It was cloudy & raining yesterday morning when I took the picture. I guess the flash could only do so much....

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1537146}}

• dandradel
    17 years ago

Judy - Thanks for the info. What state do you live in? I'm in NJ and just wondering about the delivery service and if yours was in the NorthEast too. Lex has been beaten up about delivery in the forum here. A new delivery service on their part sounds like a good move...

• judielynn
    17 years ago

dandradel - You are welcome. I was glad to add a positive comment about their delivery - especially after reading about others experiences. I was a little hesitant, but decided to try Lexington anyway. I am glad we did!

I live in southern Indiana. I didn't ask about delivery company when I ordered the furniture, but I will next time. I think the driver said our furniture was likely first delivered to their New York location, then shipped to Chicago, then on the truck that brought it to us.

If you find they are using this company nation-wide, would you post it here?

Judy

• celiaanne
    17 years ago

I purchased 2 H & M sofas from Elite with no problems at all. They originally were a few $$ higher than the others, but they met the price and also had sent me leather samples, etc., so I went with them. No regrets!

• dorry2
    17 years ago

Thanks for the info re. Lexington and improved delivery service. I received a quote from them a few months ago, but have yet to order due to the craziness of the holidays. There prices were much better than Boyles and competitive with Elite, but the delivery horror stories concerned me. Thanks again for your post. Oh, which cushion did you order, Judy? I love the chair and ottoman. I am thinking of ordering a sofa in the Philyaw pattern, grade 23, and it is in the gold family. I hvae Hickory Chair now and everything is spring down, but my local store said Sherrill's spring down is firmer than the comfort down, so i have to decide which way to go on the cushion. Would like to know what you ordered and if you like it (too firm, soft or just right).

• dorry2
    17 years ago

Which cushion did you purchase, Judy? I am trying to decide between the comfort down and spring down. Would be interested in which cushion you chose.

• judielynn
    17 years ago

Dorry2 - Sorry to be so long in checking the forum again.

The chair I sat in at a local store was the spring down cushion. It felt great to me, so we ordered the chair with the same cushion. I am very pleased with it. I wouldn't change anything about it. Good luck with your decision.

Judy

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Any updates on any other forum members that used Elite and/or Lexington Furniture in the year 2007 since I am seriously thinking of going this route?

• Larry Wasson
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Order Update. The Sligh desk and lateral file cabinet we ordered through Elite were delivered last week with no problems. We are still waiting for the Sherrill pieces to be delivered. One end table was out of stock, the other two tables are sitting in their warehouse.

Had to split delivery because there is a 150 pound minimum weight charge.

• susanlynn2012
    16 years ago

Thank you eweneek1 for the update.