Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
amish or other handcrafted tables

Posted by melissastar (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 7, 09 at 13:14

I'm in the market for a new dining room table...farm table, mission style or possibly shaker...and I'm intriqued by the many companies that seem to offer hand crafted tables in a variety of woods...quarter-sawn oak, cherry, maple, etc.

Does anyone have experience with any of these companies...easily found on the web by searching "amish furniture" or "farm table" ? Know any that have a particularly good rep? Or an especially bad one?

THanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: amish or other handcrafted tables

Oh.. I can help you here! I'm from Amish country. :)

I was just looking at Weaver Furniture from a dining set. It's in Ohio.

http://weaverfurniturestore.com/

Another place I was looking at for kitchen cabinets, but they also make furniture. This is where people go when they want the best in cabinets around here, so I'm sure their tables are just as high quality.

http://schrocksofwalnutcreek.com/

I would not hesitate to buy from either one of these places. They are very popular with people in my area, and I know people who are customers of both. Good luck!

o

Countrysidecabinetry.com has many choices and prices to give you an idea of cost. I bought a solid cherry shaker table, 40x48 with slightly bowed out sides of the tabletop, 2- 12 inch leaves which are self-stored, for $650. It was made in Penn Yan, NY by am Amish furniture maker, Alvin Horning. I also bought oak armchairs to use for seating in the waiting room at my office for $195 each. Cherry sidechairs for my new table are on order $195 each. If you drive around in an Amish settled area, you will see signs on driveways telling what each farm makes. In PA Dutch country, I saw many that I'd love to stop at if hubby would only let me!

Here is a link that might be useful: Countryside Cabinetry

o

Amish Collection is the place to find handcrafted amish furniture. With a wide selection from living room, dining room, office, and much more. They offer Authentic Amish Furniture at the with superiour quality at a fraction of the cost of other online retailers. Be sure to check they out at amishcollection.com They are located in the Heart of Ohio's Amish Country.

Here is a link that might be useful: Amish Furniture

o

Hey! Thanks for posting about our site... we appreciate the vote of confidence!

o

Amish furniture really is a "Green" product as the furniture is solid wood and will last a lifetime.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beautiful Amish Furniture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here