Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
jessica charles chairs

Posted by qualityandcomfort (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 4, 06 at 11:55

I just wanted to let any interested users know. I purchased 2 gorgeous upholstered Jessica Charles chairs and they are comfortable.

BUT since delivery, the upholstery has been wrinkled in an unacceptable fashion on the skirts of the chair and the back of the chair. The company has indicated this is acceptable. It is clearly evident in the pictures I have taken and differs from the way the fabric lays / drapes on the pillow casing.

Also the casings of the unattached pillow on the back of the chairs does not conform to the shape of the pillow case. The pillow case is cut in a very elegant arch at the top and the pillow is just a rectangular pillow. This results in the fabric of the casing hanging and folding in the middle. It looks older than the pillows on the 7 yr old furniture we were replacing.

A JessChls rep was sent out, reported to the company and they are saying it is industry standard.

I had heard excellent comments @ Jessica Charles and it is the sister company to Hancock and Moore. I am astounded at this. If anyone has any recommendations, I would be interested in the best way to resolve these issues.

For the $ I paid, it is not worth it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jessica charles chairs

Uh-oh, we've been looking at JC chairs online & thought they would be perfect for our house.
Did you order through a store or decorator? I would think the retailer would have some responsibility to provide a satisfactory resolution.
Could you post pictures?

o

I think in this case your best course of action is to work with your retailer. Manufacturers are not set up to work with consumers.

How long have you had the chairs?.

If it were my chairs i would ask to have them returned to the factory to be repaired. This would be an easier course of action than asking for replacements.

o

I am really sorry to hear about this and hope to hear about how it is resolved. I really thought that the Jessica Charles chairs I have been yearning for were quite near the top of the line. They are beautiful, really comfortable, and have nice fabrics choices.
Must I spend even more for a quality chair?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here