Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mattress Goal: Motion isolation, would two twins together?

Posted by jtcarter14 (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 10:55

As an aside, we are needing to buy a new mattress because our memory foam has sinking spots where we lay.

We are most concerned about motion isolation b/c I am a very light sleeper. I was wondering if buying two twin mattresses and putting them next to each other on a king platform bed would help, or make it worse? With small movements, I think it would help. But I wonder if larger movements would cause the two mattresses to bang together?

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mattress Goal: Motion isolation, would two twins together?

I don't know about your two mattresses idea, but I do know about something that might help the motion issue. We recently bought a new mattress after 36 years of a water bed (we like the motion of the water!). We finally decided on a latex mattress. There are two kinds of these: one kind is layers of latex or latex shreds between layers of other stuff or a latex topper, and another is this solid latex block about 6" deep. We got the second kind. We find that it is kind on our hips and shoulders, but it's amazing how much we just don't feel the other moving. It also doesn't get divots. The guys at the shop have been in business since 1954 and they haven't had one divot out yet. They also make regular mattresses, so they don't depend on just selling these. In any case, something to think about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here