Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on Flexsteel couch

Posted by axg9504 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 7:23

Our Flexsteel loveseat (75") and ottoman arrived with the wrong fabric color. The color code on the furniture matched the invoice, and I wasn't sure what we picked (delivered 4 weeks after order) so we accepted. Then we discovered the run in the seam on one seat cover. When the retailer ordered a replacement seat cover it was discovered that the color code on the furniture did not match what we ordered because the replacement was the right color.
I'd like some advice on others with experince with Flex. (1) I don't think they're going to be able to match this color, because the sample swath at the retailers which is closest to my couch is visibly different. (2) When I looked under the couch for the tag, I noticed the front frame has a deep crack in it about halfway down the front and a deep gouged knot on one end - the flimsiest piece of wood I ever saw. I guess the frame's guaranteed but they boast about 'high quality materials' on their site. I haven't pushed the retailer on this point, but would this not warrant a replacement. I can't believe I paid $1500 for these two pieces!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on Flexsteel couch

you need to read postings on flexsteel on third page of forum. you can believe my shock when i read flexsteel is also made in China. maybe part of the problem

o
RE: Need advice on Flexsteel couch

Did you get the latitude flexsteel line? I have read that is made in china. A cracked frame should warrant a repair/return. You might want to go to www.myfurnitureforum.com some people there have experience with flexsteel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here