Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oojeanie

reclining furniture

oojeanie
11 years ago

I have been looking for a reclining sofa and loveseat for a while and have narrowed it down to one by Flexsteel (Lattitudes Collection) and one by Southern Motion. I will get it in leather. I don't want to pay the price for something like a Hancock and Moore. I have not found good reviews for these companies online. Are they really bad news or are these disgruntled people? Which would you recommend? Or is there another company that makes a reclining leather sofa (preferably with a rolled arm) under $2000? Thanks!

Comments (5)

• PRO
    iCustomSofa
    11 years ago

Reclining sofas/chairs or motion furniture does have its problems and will wear out eventually. Quality built mechanisms are expensive to build. More commonly, motion furniture will have poor quality inexpensive mechanism, usually imported.

So no reason to spend a great deal of money and buy the best bargain you can find.

Leather is usually considered a investment in stationary upholstery and with a quality frame and construction will last many years.

But for motion furniture, which cant be considered a investment, its always better to buy cheap leather and cheap mechanism and keep your expectations low about how long it will last. And usually the leather will outlast the mechanism.

• lois1326
    11 years ago

oojeanie...what did you finally endup purchasing? I bought a Southern Motion power reclining sofa and 2 power recliners in leather. We are returning them because we've only had 3 months and the padding in the arms is already breaking down. I've reselected the Westport by Flexsteel Lattitudes and I'm afraid I've messed-up again. This was expensive furniture and I've researched and researched. The warranty seems to be good...lifetime ltd warranty on the springs, cushions, and fame. I also bought the 5 yr warranty from the store. So...please let me know what you ended-up with and your opinion.

• joseph002
    10 years ago

I like leather reclining sofa.Reclining leather sofas offer different angles for reclining so you can be in your most comfortable position while resting.It provides infinite positions for comfort and relaxation more than other chairs and sofas.These sofas have joints that make them flexible enough to accommodate any person, regardless of his weight and height.These types of sofas are available in the market in different size and colors.If you want a quality reclining sofa, it would be ideal to go online.

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

There are some reviews of Flexsteel that are not favorable but there are also hundreds of well established retailers that carry the product from this manufacturer with good results. With medium priced reclining furniture you generally have a hardwood plywood frame and a mechanism usually purchased from Legget and Platt. Study the tailoring and the leather quality and then make your decision.

You could also look at Palliser and Lane in this price range. Palliser would be the least costly of the three. I am not familiar with Southern Motion

• SAINTSFAN834
    10 years ago

Freethinker99- How would you rank the Palliser versus the Flexsteel Latitudes line as far as quality, durability and value?