Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Heritage Sectional

Posted by redmonkey (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 2, 12 at 22:45

I have been looking for leather sectionals. Recently I came across Legacy which had a custom program--select arms, legs, etc. At another store, I saw the exact same program (same take home sheet with same options, dimensions, etc) however there was a sticker over the name and the line was now called American Heritage. There are 2 differences between these two lines: Legacy is made in Canada and American Heritage is made in the USA; and Legacy is foam cushions, whereas American Heritage is down. I haven't been able to find anything online about American Heritage. Does anyone know anything about this brand? Is it just Legacy rebranded?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Heritage Sectional

i too am interested in American Heritage brand and would like others opinions on it.

o

Yes, it seems to be rebranded Lagacy, which is pretty reliable company according to some customer reviews that I found here http://legacy-furniture.pissedconsumer.com/all-honor-and-respect-to-legacy-20121103356429.html.

o

I too had a question about this as well. I purchased a Legacy Leather sectional about 15 years ago - loved it. Durable, no problems, my friends loved it as well. House burned down a few months ago and I'm rebuilding - I started looking for Legacy Leather dealers here in Fl, but was having a hard time. Came across American Heritage Leather on the web and their pictures were identical to the Legacy Leather pictures. I wrote to Legacy Leather and asked about their relationship with American Heritage Leather, Here is their response...

"Legacy Leather is a manufacturer who supplies product to traditional, "brick & mortar" retailers and in some cases e-retailers (internet based sellers) who then sell to the consumers.

American Heritage is an e-retailer who is supplied by various manufacturers such as Legacy Leather. Some of what you are seeing on the American Heritage web site may be made by Legacy Leather under a different collection name."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here