Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Taylor King sofas ??

Posted by fleurdelis05 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 9, 08 at 22:21

We have found a couple Taylor King sofas that we really like. The website thoroughly details the construction of their furniture and it looks like high quality, some opinions would be great. I cannot find any consumer reviews. So I am wondering if theres any feedback, the sales person says this is the type of couch that will last for decades, is that so? The cushions are spring down and the sofas are priced at 2190 and 2899 are these prices reasonable? They are the sales floor models and look to be in great condition. They are both rather large and deep, 87 & 92 inches. If problems come up will the company be responsive? This is allot of money for us and we want lasting quality. I want to thank those on this forum as I have already read many posts and the responses seem thorough and informed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Taylor King sofas ??

Since no one else has offered an opinion, I'll throw in some anecdotal evidence. I was recently looking for a sofa. I wanted to see Hancock & Moore (since it gets rave reviews here) at one of my clients who carries it. But I wanted fabric and not leather (personal choice). My contact steered me toward Taylor-King as being a good choice, and there was no reason to pay extra for H&M if I was not doing leather. This is a design center that sells to the trade only (designers and other furniture stores).

o

Taylor King is partially owned by Jack Glasheen, President of Hancock & Moore, and a few other H&M officers. The quality is right up there with H&M. Customer service is excellent.

o

Taylor King is excellent. I really like their coil spring design. As for price, those prices sound good. If you want to verify with a deep discounter, you may want to call lexfurniture.com.

o

I have a Taylor King sofa in my family room that I bought at Boyle's in NC for $1579 but was quoted anywhere from $2200 to $2650 elsewhere, including lexfurniture, when I originally decided on it. The fabric is middle of the scale as far as grading. It was just what I wanted so I'm thrilled with the price and the quality. It's also very comfortable. We've only had it for six months so I can't comment on durability but from what I've read on here they are reliable. Considering the junk I saw for only a few hundred dollars less at some of the chain retail stores, it was a great deal.

o

Like you, I'm looking to purchase a Taylor King sofa. I am looking in the Cozy Creations line which maybe more affordable and allows you to pick and choose options like arm and foot styles. The prices in this line are more around $1900, but I live near the MA furniture outlets, so I may be getting a better price. I've been told this is a highend line, better then the Hallagan Sofas we now own which have lasted 10 plus years. I too have been looking for complaints and have yet to see any.

o

Like you, I'm looking to purchase a Taylor King sofa. I am looking in the Cozy Creations line which maybe more affordable and allows you to pick and choose options like arm and foot styles. The prices in this line are more around $1900, but I live near the MA furniture outlets, so I may be getting a better price. I've been told this is a highend line, better then the Hallagan Sofas we now own which have lasted 10 plus years. I too have been looking for complaints and have yet to see any.

o

Tayor King in a great line. If you are in the $1700 to $2200 price range you better snap it up. Because it wholesale to the retailer for more that that on their top end models.

o

I really like that kind of sofas. They are usually very old and classic but decorate an outrage. I love that kind decoration

Here is a link that might be useful: decoration

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here