Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sitting on a cow

Posted by lachase (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 22:13

Has anyone thought of leather furniture like what it is: sitting on a dead animal's skin? I have been researching for my sofa choice a lot and happened across a site that showed leather with the cow's old brand showing through. It got me thinking about the poor cow and kind of grossed me out to think about what the leather really is. I know this seems like a strange post, but just curious if anyone has had reservations about buying leather because of the cow factor?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sitting on a cow

No more than I have the shoe factor nor a problem eating steak...I mean really....grilling a hunk of a cow's hind end???
And then there are all the unborn chickens in my omelet!
Oh yes and all the silk worms that died because of the people who sacrificed them for my blouse!
It seems the cow is the least of it.

o

Personally, if I think about what meat really is, it makes me nauseaus.

o

I think that this over exaggerated negative perception of eating and/or using animals and animal products as being taboo in some way is nothing more than a media produced special interest group hype.

If you believe in a creator, explain how and why animals were put on this earth, they were put here for our sustanence, like it or not. BUT, like in all things, it's your choice and no one is going to condem you for whatever you believe.

Romans, Chapter 14

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here