Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can anyone tell me anything about this chair?

Posted by xmisskimx (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 21:13

Here I have a pic , I hope that works.. we have just moved into our new home, and don't have room for this chair. It is kind of unusual looking, and am curious if it has any value what so ever..I really know nothing about it.. we really have no room for it where we moved to.. any insight would be appreciated..

thank you

Here is a link that might be useful: chair picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can anyone tell me anything about this chair?

Its a colonial revival chair that was made to have tie-on cushions: A tie for each post at the top for the back cushion and a seat cushion often with a gathered skirt.

My sisters had one in their bedroom , made circa 1956 or so in that orangey maple finish, my great aunt had one in black with gold pinstripes, Hitchcock style, circa 1920s.
I think the style was pretty popular during the middle of the 20th century, because my sister was able to get ready-made replacement cushions in about 1980 when she got married.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here