Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice on buying furniture for a beach house.

Posted by ammom (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 21, 09 at 18:41

I'm looking for a couch and some chairs for a family room of a beach house. The room is right off the back entrance so it will be used a lot, especially coming in from the beach. So, I don't want to get something high end that I'd have to worry about. Also, we may be renting the house out on occasion. There's a store nearby that sells, flexsteel, clayton marcus, rowe and bradington young. Thinking of taking at look at what they have. I've already purchased some Lee Industries for the living room, but would like to go a little cheaper (without looking cheap) in the family room. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice on buying furniture for a beach house.

I saw a store while I was on vacation in FL that seemed to have a lot of things appropriate for a beach house. Here is their link: http://www.yumyumtreefurniture.net/
Hope that helps.

o

Most people who purchase beach houses buy their furniture at Rooms to Go. I just shake my head, but that's the way it is. If it get dirty, toss and replace.

I'm beachside in Central FL. See it all the time. That's the only kind of furniture sold in the Daytona area.

o

whatever it is, i would suggest going with a COM for fabric and using sunbrella on everything. i'm using their sailcloth on a couple of settees for our breakfast room and i have to tell you, the stuff is fabulous. durable and soft with a nice hand and unbelievably resilient to stains/dirt/sun. well worth the cost, imo. good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here