Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Colonial Furniture Company?

Posted by dboneusc (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 18:13

Is anyone familiar with the quality of Colonial Furniture Company?

I'm interested in one of their "formal cherry" poster beds, and wondering how quality stacks up against manufacturers like Henkel Harris, etc.

http://www.colonialfurniture.com/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Colonial Furniture Company?

I have both Henkle Harris and Colonial furniture. I have HH for my occasional tables in the formal living room and my DR table, chairs and hutch are Colonial. They are both extremely well made and I never tire of it. My pieces are about 25 years old. I know that HH was sold a number of years ago, so I don't know if their quality is the same. You will not be disappointed in Colonial Furniture. My mom also has end tables from Colonial that are about 35 years old.

o

The quality of Henkel Harris is so much superior to the quality of Colonial Furniture. Unfortunately, heard from this board that Henkel Harris is closing down. You may be able to get better price now.

We have Henkel Harris furniture for living room, dinning room and master bedroom. We enjoy using them daily. The quality of the pieces are fairly consistent since we purchased ours over the years.

Going forward when necessary, I would get second hand Henkel Harris furniture if the pieces are in excellent condition. IMO, their quality, material, workmanship are top notch, and the finish on the furniture is legendary, second to none.

o

According to senior management at Henkel Harris (which I spoke to yesterday), their new pieces are being marked up, not down as of late. The factory is fetching a 10-30% premium in the past month since they announced their planned closure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here