Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green Furniture

Posted by NatureBoy2 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 17:21

Has anyone had any luck using "Green" furniture? I've hear alot about it recently and am thinking about the purchase. Is it durable?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green Furniture

What exactly do you mean by "green?" I'm afraid it is one of those labels that companies will put on a product to sucker in the uninformed.

I saw a bottle of "organic honey" last week in the store. Really? I used to keep bees and could never train them to go to certain plants.

o

If you mean environmentally friendly kinda green, anything used you get off your local craisglist will beat new furniture for lack of environmental impact.

o

Ditto.

Lord, natural latex mattresses are fairly ecofriendly. They typically get just a wood foundation box. Another renewable resource....

Put one of those on a rustic pine bedroom set? The type that looks like bare tree limbs and I guess you're in business.

How far do you wanna go?

None of the furniture suppliers I have dealings with brag on their chinese or vietnamese tree farms at all.

A company called Perdue Woodworks makes domestic particle board furniture that is real decent for the price. Guess you could call them and ask about their forestry practices.

o

Recently "dark" word becomes more and more popular in every area, I think dark furniture is equal to quality furniture.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here