Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
matsii

Jaymar/Omni/ or Schillig leather sofa?

matsii
10 years ago

I've been searching for a new leather sofa and loveseat for my family room and was hoping to get some help in my decision from your kind experts.
The Schillig seems the best constructed but I like a pillow arm style they don't really have in my price range.
Both Omni and Jaymar have styles I like but I can't find many reviews on their quality -
What do you think of these manufacturers? How do they compare?
I need loose seat cushions that I can switch to avoid one seat sagging. (DH sits in one spot constantly)
The Omni has loose seat and back cushions, but I don't know if all loose cushions would slide around!
Jaymar has attached back cushions but loose seats.
Thank you all so much.
I am almost ready to purchase but am afraid I'll sacrifice quality for style.
Thank you...I appreciate any opinions

Comments (3)

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

I personally wouldn't do loose cushions; seat or back. Hated having to "fix" the cushions on our old fabric covered sofa and love seat all the time. I don't know if leather-covered cushions would be any less likely to shift.

We have two Schillig sectionals, one in our LR, one in our FR. Both were manufactured in China in Schillig's factory(ies), using European skins (to our knowledge). The first one had some issues on delivery, a few packing creases, some pocketing in one of the seat cushions, chipped feet, and one or two small streaks of something on another cushion. At first we wanted a replacement, but the store and the Schillig rep felt the issues were reparable, so we allowed the store to send out a repair person/tech to work on the couch, and Schillig sent out new feet to replace the chipped ones (those took a long time to get here). The tech was top-notch. He "ironed" out the creases, and removed the streaks (I think he touched-up one small spot, and it was/is undectible). The pocketing resolved itself once the foam and the leather "bounced" back from packing and shipping. We are very happy with the couch, and felt the repairs were done to our satisfaction.

We purchased our second Schillig sectional elsewhere. That one arrived in perfect condition.

We feel the Schillig's were a good value, and are well-made.

• matsii
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your input... I appreciate it... am still looking as I need pillow arms and a sofa no bigger than 84" and a Love Seat at least 60" wide... Too many criteria to make this an easy search!

• freethinker99
    10 years ago

Attached cushions are sewn in at the top or throughout the cushions. Over time the seams tend to rip at the top. One other consideration if you need to replace a cushion if you have loose cushions it is pretty easy. If you have sewn in cushions it is very difficult in as much as your sofa would have to go to your local upholsterer and and need a major repair the cost of which may be more than the sofa is worth.