Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a deep sofa

Posted by redrob2 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 22, 10 at 16:37

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pretty deep, comfortable and quality built sofa? I'm quite tall (6'4") and my girlfriend is on the shorter side (5'2") and we're looking for something we're both comfortable in. We both really liked the comfort level of the PB Comfort Grand Slipcovered Sofa from Pottery Barn but we're concerned a bit about overall build quality. We've looked around and the next closest thing we can find is something like the Estate (XL) sofa from Bassett but I feel like it's almost too deep. Any thoughts on someplace else to look or can anyone convince us the PB couch will hold up for some number of years? We'd also like to keep it under $2500 (not leather) but that's negotiable.

-Rob
Rochester, NY

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a deep sofa

crate and barrel Lounge collection. sooooo insanely comfy & deep. no one ever wants to get off of our couch.

o

People, visited a Staples retail store over the weekend to buy some printer supplies. I could not belief that they are now carrying designer office chairs. Really nice looking models that are labeled 'designer chair reproduction' - clearly a Charles Eames design, even though Staples does not point that out. Pretty cheap, too!

o

Thomasville makes a wonderful sofa..deep seat, down wrapped cushions....traditional styling and you can pick your fabric.

o

Try The Comfortable Couch Company out of Cornelius, NC. They build replicas or near replicas of some Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware sofas. Better frames than PB uses and made right in Hickory NC.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here