Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need some advice buying leather sofa

Posted by gondalguru (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 16:08

I have been reading all these posts on this forum for quite some time.

I am in market for two leather sofa (I prefer two sofa rather than sofa-loveseat combo). My budget is around 2500 - 3500 dollars. I know these money will not get me Hancook and Moore or similar high end sofas. I live in south texas and there are not many furniture stores here which carry different leather brands. Most of the retailers sell cheap imported stuff.

Please recommend me some brands which will be the best value for the money in my budget. At one thread I read some body recommended the seatcomany.com How is there stuff? Anyone got first hand experience with seat company leather sofa?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need some advice buying leather sofa

Hi, I've had good luck with the Flexsteel brand. I've had a leather couch and recliner since 1990 or so. The recliner is pretty beat up but still so comfy. I really don't remember what I paid so I can't speak to whether it's in your price range but I've been very satisfied with the quality of the furniture.

o

Thanks Lamalu. I will look at Flexsteel brand.

o

We had to do a LOT of looking to find a well-made leather sofa and loveseat for our budget. The tag said Worldwide Designs by Charles Schneider.
Charlesfurniture.com
The suggested retail on our set was around 3200 but they had it on sale for 2200. They were also available separately where we purchased ours.
I will link to their website so you can see if they have any retailers in your area. I'm in Missouri. hmmm I don't see a feature on their website to search for retailers. You may have to email them.

Here's the set I bought. If you click on construction, it shows how they are put together. If weight means anything, ours is a good set. It's very heavy. Also very comfortable. : )

Here is a link that might be useful: Charles Schneider leather sofa and loveseat

o

Christie

I looked at the website and emailed them regarding nearby dealer. Their sofa / construction looks very solid and also nice designs too. Thanks for suggestion.

o

Christie,

Charles Schneider Furniture is one of the last great American furniture brands left. I do not know why they are not better known, but they should be. They are now making American made leather with memory foam cushions, it is so comfortable to sit and lay on.

They still bench make each sofa by hand and to order. Are you are person who would ever reupholster a sofa to save it from a landfill? If so Charles Schneider furniture makes the only frame and cushion cores that are truly capable of being reupholster.

Make the upgrade to the blue gel foam cushion it is not that much more for a sofa that will last 20 years.

I don't know if the links below will help. You cant buy from their website and it doesn't have dealer locator for some stupid reason(might be why no one on the east coast has heard of them) so I attach a FB page that does.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Memory-Foam-Sofa-Store-Locator/608669305813102

Here is a link that might be useful: store locator

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here