Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After Market Sale at Hickory Furniture Mart?

Posted by sloth2009 (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 2, 09 at 15:45

Hello,

We are looking for a transitional style dining room set as well as a home office set. We went to Furniturelandsouth last weekend but didn't find anything we like within our budget (<$3k for dining room with table& 6 chairs & sideboard).

It seems HFM has the sale this weekend but it is about 2 hour drive for us (we live in Raleigh) so we are wondering if the discount we can get worth the drive. There are some Berhardt/Thomasville furniture sets we like but they are priced at $4k or more at FLS and the Thomasville store. If we can get more discount at HFM sale, we can get one of these sets otherwise we will settle for some cheaper brands.

Also the sale starts this Friday, we don't know if we should take a day off to in order to get more selections.

We appreciate any comment.

Thank you in advance.

Sean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After Market Sale at Hickory Furniture Mart?

I just happened to see your post by accident. This may be a little late. I live in Hickory and this is what I know about buying furniture. You can save $ at the HFM after market sales. I thought the sales were only on the market samples but a friend of mine at the market told me that a lot of items are marked down just to be able to compete. If you know exactly what you want, you can call and order your furniture using the style numbers. There are several stores that sell at cost plus. I am not sure if I can post specific store names here or not. Let me know if that is allowed and I will provide you with some suggestions

o
RE: After Market Sale at Hickory Furniture Mart?

Thanks for the information. We didn't go there but my friends did. They told me they didn't get any discount beyond what's available at any other time, which is competitive anyways.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here