Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sofa Help!!! Lane vs. Best Home Furnishings

Posted by zhelder (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 27, 11 at 15:34

Hi everyone. This is my first time on this forum. I'm hoping to get some good advice from the furniture experts out there. Are there any sofa/furniture experts out there? I'm getting pretty desperate for a couch. I have my heart set on a power reclining sofa. I checked out the chain stores and was unimpressed. Today, I went to two local furniture stores. One had a Lane sofa, the other had a Best sofa.

The Best sofa that the one dealer had was not power, but said it could be added. It was very comfortable and felt very solid. The Lane sofa at the other dealer was power, and while it also felt solid and comfortable, I thought the Best sofa felt a little more solid and plush/dense. The one dealer told me they sold both brands, but they always recommended Lane over Best. The Best seems to have a better warranty (lifetime frame, two year motor vs. one year on everything for the Lane).

So, does anyone have any thoughts as to which way I should go? Both were vastly superior to the stuff I saw at the chains, and I need to make a decision quick. Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sofa Help!!! Lane vs. Best Home Furnishings

Well, it sounds like they are both good quality. So it comes down to the look, feel, and price of the sofas. You may first want to check and see if the price of the Best sofa + Power is going to be comparable to the Lane sofa on price + features. Then you will want to see if it comes in the material and color you want. It looks like Lane has more options.

o

I'm not familiar with Best Home, but I have a Lane leather sectional that is about 9 years old and I'm considering having the stuffing reworked to last another nine. We have 2 reclining sections but power wasn't an option then, so I can't tell you about that.

o

I would recommend Lane over the Best. However with the power option if the power mechanism goes out in any power recliner then the reclining section will not work without the power.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here