Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bassett furniture custom sofa

Posted by karen_tennessee (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 29, 11 at 15:15

I am considering purchasing a Bassett sofa from their custom collection. I have been told that their custom furniture is made in North Carolina. I will pay around $1800 for what I have chosen. I have picked out a loose back pillow design. I would love your feed back from anyone who has has experience in Bassett custom furniture. Also, I have been told that the custom collection is better made than what they show as instore (locally stocked). I would like a sofa that is going to last more than the 5 years other sofas last. Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bassett furniture custom sofa

I bought a custom sectional from Bassett 3 years ago thinking Made in America was the way to go. I have been very disappointed. It was an expensive piece, but the cushions are already looking flat and the fabric quickly pilled and looks much older than it is. Bassett replaced the seat covers and the pilling occurred again. The sofa doesn't really sit that comfortably, either. Obviously, I don't plan to purchase any other upholstered pieces from Bassett

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here