Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flexsteel reclining sofas

Posted by lachase (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 14:27

I found 2 that I liked: the Crosstown, latitudes model which is partial leather and partial vinyl to keep it affordable, I was told. It is very comfortable and in a good price range. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with it? Another Flexsteel model I liked was a reclining sofa called the Chicago; it was also a latitudes model, and was in a fabric called Evergreen. I'd like input if anyone has any. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flexsteel reclining sofas

No response so I'm answering my own post from what I've been reading which is that the Latitudes series of Flexsteel sofas are made in China. To me, made in China=crap! Does anyone agree?

o

I have owned a Flexsteel for about 8 years and it still looks and works like new--4 recliners in a sectional style sofa. I have 4 kids. We are not petite people--husband and sons are 6'3" and between 230 & 300 pounds, so it definitely gets used. Would have no reservations recommending one.

o

Do you think yours was manufactured in the U.S. before they started their China operations? I know Flexsteel has had a good reputation which is why I was initially drawn to them. I was very surprised that they had gone to producing in China like so many other companies are doing. Today I also found articles online about people in the UK being "poisoned" (severe burns, breathing issues) by some fungicide that was being used on sofas from China to prevent mold during shipping. It seems like so many products from there turn out to be toxic, shoddy or both, my instincts are to steer clear even with the good rep Flexsteel has historically had. I wonder if some of their sofas are still even made in the U.S. anymore or if they are all China made now?
I'm glad you are having luck with yours and hope it works for you for many years to come.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here