Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice!! To move the TV or not to move the TV?

Posted by Alvan (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 13:45

Hello! I posted this question a couple of weeks ago and had some good advice, but I am about to give the official "no go" for the moving of the TV/Console and I just want one last vote before I do close the door...any thoughts?

Question...We have installed our tv centered on the wall as it begins from our door to the other wall-basically you look at the wall and it is centered there. BUT-the TV is not centered on the light fixture or the coffers above. My question is-should be do a costly move of the TV (@$1000) to center it on the light or just allow the to float below. If the TV is centered on the light and coffers it will mean that when you look up it will be aligned but on the wall slightly skewed. ALso, the furniture would have to move over closer to the front door and I worry it will look too cluttered as I was going to try to make a seperate sitting area at the end of the room in the new space added by sliding everything down. Regardless, I will be adding some art to the wall either in single large pieces or a cluster-If I move the TV I will have room for some sort of small hanging on the left of the TV and would need a larger pic or grouping to the right.
Which is more important? Being aligned with ceiling coffers/light or the wall?

This post was edited by Alvan on Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 18:34

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice!! To move the TV or not to move the TV?

I would center the TV on the viewing/seating area.

o

Thanks for the reply. DO you mean I should leave the TV where it is (centered on the wall), slightly misaligned with the light and coffers and just make sure the furniture is aligned with the TV? THX!

o

Yes.

And I say this as a man who has a pathological need for symmetry but in this case, the TV trumps the light fixture.

o

Thank you so much for your input. My preference of course would be to have light, TV, coffers, everything line up, but we did an expansion of this room during construction and unfortunately the coffers and light placement didn't get adjusted to reflect the change. I'm pathological about symmetry too so this question has been nagging me. I think once I fill in around the tv it won't look so vast on either side and my eye win't keep trying to make a connection b/w the tv and light. Thanks for the advice!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here