Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pottery Barn Printer's TV Stand/Glass Cabinet

Posted by carydan (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 12:56

I absolutely love this tv stand from Pottery Barn:

http://www.potterybarn.com/products/printers-tv-stand/

My concern is that as far as furniture quality, PB has not been rated very high. Materially wise, I would like to have all woods as oppose to particleboard, MDF and veneer.

Does anybody know if any other manufacturer makes similar look item?

My TV is 51" wide so I think the length of the cabinet needs to be longer than 55", or it will look wierd. Will it?

Also, the unique look from PB is such they hand applies the Tuscan chestnut finish in layers, with distressing and burnished edges that give the collection the look of a well-loved antique. If I have it custom made, how difficult will it be to stain it and achieve the same affect?

Thanks,

Here is a link that might be useful: PB Printer's TV Stand/Glass Cabinet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pottery Barn Printer's TV Stand/Glass Cabinet

Ooh. That's really pretty. I want to know too now. :)

o

I have had my eye on that for awhile as well. I'm not a fan of PB case goods, and I hate that you can't see it before buying. I think RH has a similar one, but it is much more expensive. Although I feel their quality is better.

o

that is a really simple design. Most large cities have oak furniture stores that sell similar pieces that could be easily stained to color needed for a much better price for a solid piece.

o

My husband and I loved the Printer's collection however our local PB had 1 piece in the store that we got to see THANKFULLY, and it was very poorly made. It looked really cheap. We ended up buying the Benchwright cabinet instead because it was much sturdier and it is beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here