Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cat_mom

Nuevo furniture?

cat_mom
15 years ago

Does anyone have any info, feedback, reviews, etc. re: Nuevo furniture? I've seen some of their beautiful (modern) dining chairs online, and was wondering about their quality.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nuevo Dining Chairs

Comments (15)

• mitchdesj
    15 years ago

I love that chair; my designer has ordered their outdoor furniture for a few clients and says it's very good quality, I'm considering a few pieces of their outdoor line for my patio.

• mitchdesj
    15 years ago

I am now looking at some nuevo chairs for my patio but in their mesh fabric, not the all weather rattan; I agree with you, not seeing it in person makes me hesitant, the chairs and ottomans I am looking at are 999. each, yikes.

• cat_mom
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Just got some prices today on some other chairs I'd found online--gorgeous chairs, way high price--$1518 in leather and $1012 in fabric! The Calligaris chairs are looking better and better!

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

I ended up ordering the nuevo chairs and ottomans, in the brown aw rattan;
    the quality and design are amazing, so are the cushions.
    I'll post pictures later.

• cat_mom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I should've followed up--we got the Calligaris "Even" chairs in black leather. Overall the quality is good. We were quite impressed actually.

The leather on all the chairs was in perfect condition. The chrome on three of the chairs had some minor blemishes; one chair even less noticeably than the other two, and on all three, you wouldn't even notice at first glance. We received two replacement chairs (after waiting a long time and after some confusion on Calligaris' part--they were supposed to just send new frames w/out cushions for the three chairs). Our retailer told to keep all of the chairs to do as we want, the old ones and the two new ones (keep all of them, discard the ones we don't want, or whatever).

We're very happy with them and they look great with our table! They might not last as long as some of the pricier ones we'd seen, but we'll certainly enjoy them for as long as we have them.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

here's my nuevo patio furniture; I have another 2 chairs and an ottoman at the other end of the patio.

I still need an end table for each area, I should have thought of that.

• cat_mom
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ooh! I like those!!! :-)

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

What a nice collection! I love that...... Patio chairs I can almost feel the comfort in using that chairs.

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

Yes they are really comfy .

• mitchdesj
    14 years ago

Does anyone know of a dealer who would have stock of Nuevo furniture; I'd like to order side tables but don't want to wait 3 months.

• thomaswilliams
    14 years ago

Its really very nice. I like it.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

I'm bringing this back up to say the furniture has held up very well, even if left out uncovered in the harshest of winter temps. I did have to have the cushions redone, the color faded over the course of 4 years and there were stains that would not come out.

• Susan Birnbaum
    3 years ago

Anyone bought any of the Calligars sofas? They look gorgeous..wondering about comfort.

• Greg Stuart
    7 months ago
    last modified: 7 months ago

I have a Nuevo Living Iris side table, and the metal surface did not hold up to simple drinking glass on it. This was $1,200 table, but now it's completely worthless.

And customer service appears to have zero interest in supporting a fix, even when it seems so clear to me this is a manufacturer's fail in product.

I would stay away.