Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angiedfw

Extra large dresser

angiedfw
14 years ago

Hi! Usually a lurker, but now need some help, if you don't mind.

I want to find an extra large dresser that will accommodate both mine and my husband's folding clothes. We currently have a tall chest and a low dresser that have to sit on the same wall because of our bedroom configuration. I'd love to replace those two pieces with one very large piece.

I have antique cherry finish and iron in in the bed, with coordinating end tables.

Any suggestions of models/brands? THANKS!

Comments (9)

• bobismyuncle
    14 years ago

have you considered an armoire?

• angiedfw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We have our TV mounted on the wall, so an armoire is out. We just want lots of deep drawers!

• mjn2
    14 years ago

I recently purchased two Magnussen bedroom sets. They have many different model lines and a few of them (Hastings, Generations and Savoy) have large 'triple dressers'. I believe the largest of these three is Hastings - it has 9 drawers and is 68' long.

I'm happy with the furniture - I'd say it is a good mid range quality. They recently updated the lines and have some nice modern details. On one of the sets the nightstand has a built in 3-way dimmer and a built in 'hidden' compartment (to store iPods and cell phones) and the tall dresser has a built-in hidden compartment on each side; one for ties and belts and the other for jewelry.

See link below to the manufacturer's website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Magnussen Website

• angiedfw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

@mjn2: Thanks for the link! I only saw the triple dresser in the ornate style, which won't work. But I'm bookmarking just in case.

• john_wc
    14 years ago

Mobel makes good quality solid wood bedroom furniture.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mobel Dressers

• mjn2
    14 years ago

angiedfw

I saw the ornate one you were talking about. For the 3 styles I mentioned (Hastings, Generations and Savoy) they are not called triple dressers - but they are all still on the large side.

• Brent B
    14 years ago

Why not consider custom?

We have just received a 51" high by 57" wide, solid cherry, pricey little gem, but it's what she wanted.
    All drawers are 2 on each row: the bottom drawer row is 10", deep then next drawer row is 9" and so on, but the top row is 4 drawers wide.

Design it so your TV will fit on top?

• angiedfw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've been on the search for over two years (!!) and can't find the right size with the right styling. So maybe custom is the way to go? Ronniner, how do you go about finding someone who can make furniture? All the websites I see are a little too 'homemade' for my taste...

• karinl
    14 years ago

Not to stall the custom route, but I wouldn't rule out craigslist...

As for custom, the yellow pages can still be a remarkable resource at times.

KarinL