Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new precedent sofa cushions

Posted by ffxjack (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 28, 08 at 11:57

Any one have any ideas on new back cushions for my Precedent sectional? I bought the sofa less than 3 years ago and after spending lots of time lounging in front of the TV, the back cushions are mushy and uncomfortable.
The cushions come out of the zippered fabric cover easily enough.
I bought them from Rose Furniture in NC which has since disappeared.
Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new precedent sofa cushions

If the core is foam, talk to a local upholsterer who can cut and pad new cushion cores for you. He/she will likely use a better foam than original.

If the core is simply a muslin cover stuffed with fiberfill only, you or an upholsterer can open up the muslin and stuff in some more fiberfill. Again, an upholsterer or upholstery supply house should be able to get better quality stuff that has more resilience than your OEM apparently did.

If you want to DIY, there are places you can order from and have it all shipped to you.

o
RE: Precedent Cushions needing replacement -Call Precedent they w

RE: Precedent Cushions needing replacement -Call Precedent they will replace them.

Precedent warranties it's cushions for 3 years. The fact that your retailer isn't around anymore doesn't matter.

Contact Precedent directly. I had to get mine replaced too and Precedent was very helpful. Here is their contact information:

PRECEDENT FURNITURE
1425 SMYRE FARM RD
NEWTON, NC 28658-9361
(828) 465-7552

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here