Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisajbr

Casco Bay furniture

lisajbr
12 years ago

Beware-I ordered and paid in full last August and still don't hve a complete order. It has been a nightmare. The first attempt to deliver was aborted after i spent the day waiting. The second produce 2 chairs, one missing the slipcover which it turned out didn't matter because both chairs were the wrong style and now after another 4 week wait I won't have the chairs for thanksgiving because I'll be o vacaation next week and they only come north every 2 weeks. Add the fact that you only get a front view and overall demintions which don't show the vast variations in the height of the arms and back which make the silhouette very clumsy, and you have a very negative experience. I read all the reviews before I ordered so I hope this will help others avoid my mistake

Comments (4)

• summerbreeze10
    12 years ago

Dear Lisajbr
    As you recall you ordered a slipcovered sofa and two slipcovered accent chairs. You paid in full upon ordering, at your request. The drivers did attempt a delivery on September 30,2011 but due to mechanical problems with the truck the drivers were delayed and for personal reasons you were unable to wait for the delivery. We properly placed the order with the slipcover manufacturer who is a well known quality brand in the industry. The factory representative inadvertently keypunched in the wrong number for your accent chairs and the wrong chairs were manufactured. When the drivers arrived at your home on October 14, 2011 the error was realized. We called the factory while the drivers were at your home and the factory acknowledged their error, they were very apologetic and agreed to replace the two accent chairs. The replacement chairs were completed in about two weeks on 11/4/11. The chairs are scheduled to be picked up on 11/10/11 and could be delivered the week of 11/14/11 but unfortunately you will be away on vacation. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Our office will call you this morning to discuss your order with you. The Staff at Casco Bay

• lisajbr
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I guess you sit on this site and write your own reviews-Too bad delivery isn't as prompt as your excuses. It will be a month on Monday since the factory was informed of their mistake. If they had special rushed the order as they said they would we wouldn't have this delivery problem. I wasn't planning on putting my life on hold for 3 months when I booked my cruise. Any readers who want to talk with me can contact me by e mail and I will gladly call you and answer any questions

• john_wc
    12 years ago

"You paid in full upon ordering, at your request."

"...for personal reasons you were unable to wait for the delivery."

"...but unfortunately you will be away on vacation."

The above statements represent a mini-course in how to not deliver customer service.

Your delivery truck broke down and the factory messed up the chairs order yet you try to shift blame to the customer. Not good.

• summerbreeze10
    12 years ago

We apologized to the customer. We understand the customer was inconvenienced. We are not blaming the customer. The factory did make up her order incorrectly and the truck did break down. We did get the order rushed but the customer will be on vacation during the next delivery to the customers area. We worked with the delivery service and we were hoping to get the order delivered on another truck just after the customers return from vacation and prior to Thanksgiving as requested. We discussed this with the manufacturer and with the agreement of the customer and the manufacturer we are giving this customer a full refund. Casco Bay Staff.