Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When does most furniture go on sale???

Posted by joanntx (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 25, 06 at 11:26

I am looking at a Martha Stewart bed but wondered if I should wait....don't furniture sales start in January???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When does most furniture go on sale???

There's a Stickley sale going on right now... so maybe not in January for everyone!

o

Some stores have sales every week. Some stores never have sales, but they often negotiate price a little if you ask. Factory authorized sales (where the factory drops the price) are often scheduled by the dealer. Go to the store and ask.

o

Martha must have a very good licensing agreement, because
most of the time the MS line is excluded when Bernhardt
has a sale.

o

Yep, MS never goes on sale. I asked about it a couple of years ago and a couple of different stores verfifed it. Unless it's a discontinued item, customer return, or floor model the price is fixed. That's also why it didn't matter if I bought the line from NC or locally. The price difference was less than $20 on a 2K piece.

o

OK, even if the price is fixed, there are some things you can ask for and negotiate

Sales tax
Delivery charges
Extended no interest financing (2-3 years for example)
Protection Plan

These are all things that cost money on both ends but can be negotiated without affecting the selling price. Maybe the store says no, but maybe they say yes. Never hurts to ask.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here