Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to buy quality, durable furniture?

Posted by julie1218 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 16, 10 at 10:59

i need a new living room set and dining room set, and i can't find a single furniture dealer that doesn't have a zillion complaints on the web. further, i'm pondering a leather couch, and the odds of finding one that won't look terrible in a few years seem very low, if one bases that on the extremely high number of ticked off customers complaining on the web. i live in the dallas area.

i was pondering costco--not because of quality but because of their extraordinary return policy. but alas, they just don't have anything that works. my only caveat is that i would like to see the item before i buy it unless the business, like costco, has a crazy great return policy.

so, does anyone have a really GREAT furniture experience that they think can be repeated?

thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to buy quality, durable furniture?

Are you set on leather or would you consider other options? Also, what's your price range? I may be able to find something for you/a reputable dealer.

What kind of return policy is Costco offering anyway?

o

i'm not set on leather. i'm kind of pondering microfiber that looks like leather. i have 2 kids, so i want super durable and lots of folks are recommending microfiber over leather due to scratching. i guess i'd like to spend $1-2000 for a sofa. not really sure.

costco takes anything back at anytime if you keep your membership active. so if your costco leather sofa doesn't look brand new after 100 years, in theory, you could return it. i've done some internet research, and that does appear to be the case. they'll come pick up your sofa if you are not satisfied with it.

o

Julie,

I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to respond...It's been hectic this past week due to Thanksgiving.

Have you looked here:

http://www.google.com/#q=microfiber+sofa&hl=en&prmd=ivs&source=univ&tbs=shop:1&tbo=u&ei=e530TIHXLIKdlgf_ibmIBg&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CD8QrQQwAA&biw=1037&bih=505&fp=8ac6b4cea9b27ecb

The first one I see is from Sam's Club. Looks nice and only $488.00 online. I usually don't use google shopping, but the regular search options, as you've already discovered aren't too promising.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here