Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmmoravec

Leather Furniture Expo

Jen
10 years ago

I'm considering purchasing a sofa by Elite Leather, but there are no dealers in my area. I've found a website called Leather Furniture Expo that sells Elite Leather products. This website seems to be run by a store called Collier's out of the Orlando, FL area. Does anyone have experience with the Leather Furniture Expo website or Collier's? Can you tell me if you were satisfied with their customer service?

Comments (32)

• Wannamaker
    10 years ago

Have to say we were really impressed. We purchased from them in August. They said 4 to 6 weeks to ship and it did. We received weekly updates along the way. People there were all very nice...answered all of our questions and sent free samples of the leather.

• akshars_mom
    10 years ago

Jen,
    Have you purchased the elite Leather from Leather Furniture expo? If so how do you like the Elite sofa and how was the experience with Leather Furniture expo.

Thanks

• Jen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, I did purchase the sofa and I'm very pleased both with the sofa by Elite Leather and with the service by Leather Furniture Expo. I've purchased from Elite before, so I knew that they produce high quality furniture. Leather Furniture was attentive to my questions and made sure that the process went as smoothly as possible. I would recommend both and would use them again.

• akshars_mom
    10 years ago

Thanks Jen. Glad to hear you are happy with Elite and Leather Furniture Expo. The prices I am getting locally are almost double the price at Leather furniture expo so good option for us.

• mayagreenly
    10 years ago

i do not heard about it but i do find some some nice sofa from other store, ikea is a good choice.

• Rae Landers
    9 years ago

Has anyone else had experience with Leather Furniture Expo? I've read about poor delivery lead times and quality issues on other consumer sites.

• lascatx
    9 years ago

I have talked to them after having problems with a local dealer. I'm impressed with the two people I've talked to -- straight forward and got better info from them in two short calls than in weeks of talks and visits with the local dealer. They carry several lines and much of what they carry is custom made -- typically 8-12 weeks with most brands I've seen -- and that's if there are no supply issues. That may cause complaints in a world where other stores offer same or next day delivery on only stock items. Keep in mind they are a dealer, not a manufacturer.

• PRO
    KAGUMISE
    8 years ago

Just Be Aware...Leather Furniture Expo Where is My Order?

Ordered my couch and ottoman in late August; paid close to $2,700 -- it's now almost the middle of November and I still haven't received my order. I called on 10/30/15 and was told that the factory said that the couch failed quality control..something about the leather had small white spots - they ordered a new batch of leather - should be in tomorrow..will call back Monday 11/02 to advise when we can expect our couch and ottoman. It is now the 8th of November and I have not heard anything and still don't know when my order will be delivered.
    I purchased from Leather Furniture Expo because I felt confident about receiving my order within 6 to 8 weeks so I would have it for the Holidays. I just found my same couch/ottoman (same price) on another web site and they said that they can have it for me in 3 weeks.. so why can't an order with Leather Furniture Expo placed in late August be delivered? I just emailed the company again -- so someone can tell me when it will be delivered. I don't think that customers should have to worry about receiving their paid orders.
    I will continue this thread until I receive my order.

11/09/15 Still waiting to hear regarding my order delivery

• lascatx
    8 years ago

I placed an order with a different company earlier than that (May or June) and am still waiting for delivery -- scheduled for next week. The isssue in my casse was a custom leather and the batch they received didn't match the sample we ordered from, so we had to look around, test the new sample with the things we had already purchased to go with the sample we ordered from -- and ultimately decided to go ahead. I'm glad my vendor took the time to get my approval of the sample so I wasn't surprised when it arrived and stressing then.

I think your vendor did you a favor by ordering new leather. All their products are custom, as I understand (didn't order froom them, but one of our final considerations would have been from them), and most leathers being used come from overseas, so it can take some time. I am sure you wouldn't have been happy to get new furniture with leather that didn't pass inspection

I hope you have your furniture for the holidays. If not, what you are sitting on is really less imporatant that most of the other things that go into making a nice holiday. And at least you aren't showing off the ugly spotted stuff. I know I'm ready for my furniture -- we don't have a breafast room table or chairs or family room furniture since the old stuff went with out son to his grad school apartment. Camping out gets old.

• griggkm
    6 years ago

I've had the same issue. I ordered a sofa the last week of January. Its the end of April now and I still have not received. I called today to check on where it could possibly be and was told that it will be at least a FEW MORE WEEKS. So now instead of waiting for 3 months, it will be 3 1/2 - 4 months. HOW?!?!? I could have made the sofa myself in 4 months. The only adjustment that has been offered is a $250 refund..... for a $2500 sofa that I have been waiting on for over THREE MONTHS. Such a huge inconvenience & irresponsible of the company to sell something they obviously have no business making. And still no delivery date.....

• User
    6 years ago

I ordered a sectional the first week of June and now (16 weeks later), I still have no couch. I had been getting weekly update emails from the company that stated that the sofa was awaiting delivery at week 12. When week 13 passed and I still had no couch I called the company and was told that it was scheduled to ship on August 21, but because of Hurricane Harvey, they were unable to travel from Mexico through Texas to deliver to me in California. The problem with that is that Hurricane Harvey didn't make landfall until August 27, a week after my sofa was supposedly scheduled for delivery. I was told I'd get a call back for an update on delivery, but no call ever came. I called this past week (week 15) and was told that the couch was in Miami (how and why is it in Florida if it was in Mexico/Texas a week earlier???) and is scheduled to go out for delivery on September 11... just in time for Hurricane Irma to hit Florida. It seems obvious to me that I'm being lied to and given the run-around and that there likely is no couch and now they're scrambling to figure out why my order was never processed. I will be shocked if I ever see a couch or my $3300 again. What crooks!

• reneekroyer
    6 years ago

Did you ever receive your couch, Nancy?

• cartervinson11
    6 years ago
    DON'T PURCHASE FROM LEATHER EXPO!!!!?
    Save your money and purchase Restoration Hardware. Gave our son our Lancaster sofa from Restoration Hardware and decided to order 2 sofas from Leather Expo. OMG....their leather is cheap, and their Sedona is nothing compared to Lancaster at RH. Deep seating? It's the same as any sofa you would find at rooms to go. Dont fall for that lie. The quality of furniture is terrible! We took our Lancaster back from our son and gave him these cheap sofas that cost us 6 grand. A waste of money!!!! On top of their cheap Mexico made product, one sofa came damaged. The leather was majorly messed up. Had to wait another 12 - 14 weeks for a new one. Sam and staff post their own reviews.....it's obvious! The no questions asked return policy is not even upheld......
  • twiggy748
    6 years ago
    Are only great reviews posted? I buy a great deal online and am not a complainer, nor do we do reviews. We must on this! We had a TERRIBLE experience with Leather Furniture Expo, which is still not resolved. Furniture ordered 11/2/17, 2 NAPA sofas and one large cocktail ottoman. We spent in excess of $6000. Tracker stopped at 10weeks, then no more information for three weeks, so I called company. I was told a new casing had to be made for one of the sofas, as damaged after inspection. After many emails and phone calls, furniture was to be delivered in March, 2018 - 4months and 6 days after ordered. months!!! No discount or refund offered. What a disappointment when delivered! If I had received the sofas pictured on website, I would have been quite pleased. The sofas I received looked NOTHING like sofas depicted. They were hard, lumpy, uncomfortable, and unattractive. I called and emailed later on the same delivery day, for pick up for return. That’s going to cost $1050.00 to return the furniture at Leather Expos “discounted” price. To make matters worse, the drivers caused $575.00 to $1100.00 (3 estimates) of damage to my yard and drain tile, as went completely off the drive in a number of places. Neither the company nor Metropolitan (delivery service) wants to pay for repair of deep dual wheel ruts of over 25 feet long, in several places, although they are ensured. The only good thing I can say is that the two delivery men were some of the nicest, helpful, and neatest delivery men I’ve used. We are now At April 14, 2018. Furniture still not picked up, refund not issued, and still working to get my yard fixed. It’s been a nightmare and the worse possible buying experience We’ve ever had. Thousands of dollars tied up for 6 plus months, really ugly furniture, poor communication, buy local and see what you’re getting. If I could give a 0 score, I would. Giving 1point for delivery men politeness.
  • anckutza
    5 years ago
    twiggy what is the status of ur issue ? can you show us pictures ? what color did you order ? I ordered from them and waiting on the couch. its been 10 weeks but no email update this week and I'm getting very nervous.
  • User
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH LEATHER FURNITURE EXPO: Friends, Family, and online consumers, I know I shared with many of you how excited I was to find the exact furniture I was looking for at Leather Furniture Expo in Florida, but, sadly, I need to withdraw my praise and recommendation for the company and the furniture. Our attempts to get help from them have failed, even though we have a warranty and the issue was discovered less than a month from delivery. It appears the only way to enforce our warranty will be through an attorney since they ignore all attempts to contact them to set up a service call to investigate our significantly deflated cushions. It the issue is addressed, I will update this post; if not, I can only warn as many people as possible since I would feel awful if someone purchased furniture from Leather Furniture Expo based on my former recommendations. See the photo of our cushion seats less than a month after delivery. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, obviously, that would definitely be true.

• Donna Guidry
    4 years ago

After seeing some reviews I left, they contacted me immediately and are sending replacement cushions. They explained the lack of communication was due to a power failure in their area. So far, if they follow through, I will be satisfied.

• Donna Guidry
    4 years ago

Thank you, Duane, for the excellent advice. It was much appreciated.

• Donna Guidry
    4 years ago

I am very happy with Leather Furniture Expo!

• PRO
    The KEEPING ROOM
    4 years ago

If you paid via major credit card, it is against the terms of the Merchant Agreement for the Merchant to take payment in full on product not shipped. You can read the terms for any of the major credit card companies on-line, they are all pretty similar.

Additionally the Federal Trade Commision requires all merchants to ship within 30 days or make available to you a full refund.

You can read that here:

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules

Ethical dealers only take a deposit, not the entire amount in full. That's an indication of a company that is in financial trouble when they take payment in full at the beginning of an order that has to be made to order. If you paid by credit card you can start a complaint through your card issuer and begin a chargeback proceeding that you should have no trouble winning. You will however, have to go shopping again.

Duane Collie

• Keisha Keglar
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

We love our sectional from Leather Furniture Expo. We love RH but couldn't accept the price tag of the Brompton Leather sectional we have been eyeing for the last few years. Enter Leather Furniture Expo. We contemplated moving forward with an online retailer for quite some time. It was a hard decision because this is an expensive sight, unseen purchase. Although, LFE came in at about half the price of RH it wasnt a decision to be taken lightly. We made the purchase on 06/07/2019 for a L-Shaped, extra depth, Brompton Brown Leather sectional (paid an upcharge for this leather selection) and our sectional was delivered four months later on 10/14/2019. We were anxious for its arrival but it was well worth the wait. LFE kept us informed of the furniture's progress via email updates- which we appreciated. The sectional is stunning and adds a new dimension to our home. If you are on the fence on buying from this company read my review again and take another long look at our sectional. I hope I persuaded you to live your best life on beautiful leather furniture. You are welcome!

• woodskil
    4 years ago

On 11/24/2018, I odered and paid for an Elite Century City Sectional in Grade 4 leather, Encore Blizzard. Order #343516. I was receiving updates on the progress of the construction up til week eight 1/24/2019. The last e-mail said the sectional was finished and sent to quality control and packaging.

]Then nothing until I contacted Leather Expo about our upcoming vacation and not wanting to miss delivery.

You gave assurances that it would not be delivered while we were gone.

We got back from vacation and nothing from you about delivery.

I contacted you and you contacted me back to tell me it would be delivered March 6th.

Then, the sectional was delivered and it was not an Elite Sectional, it was a sectional from OMNIA.

We played telelphone tag and on my own, I found out that Elite had gone out of business January 5th, 2019. During this whole long process, was never contacted that Elite was out of business. I contracted for an Elite Sectional at a very expensive price and even though, I have asked Leather Expo to give me proof that the sectional I have is the same leather, price and quality, to date have not received any assurances.

My last e-mail to Leather Expo dated 04/08/2019 outlining the above got no response. Therefore, I'm writing this review and advising everyone not to trust them as they did a bait and switch with me.

• Andrea Somerville
    4 years ago

@woodskil just remember, & this goes for everyone on this thread complaining about shipping & delivery: furniture dealers/retailers are NOT the same company as who delivers your furniture. The shipping company is a 3rd party that contracts with the dealer/retailer & they only deliver your furniture when they have a full truck, otherwise they'd never make a profit running empty or half empty trucks everyday.

It's not LFE fault for delays in delivery of your order. They can intervene on your behalf with any major delays & they should, but they can't force the delivery company to drive an empty truck out to you.

Most of these complaints are regarding delivery delays & Duane, who posted above is great at breaking down exactly how furniture is made at the factory, shipped to the delivery company & then what exactly is going on, which will very clearly give you much needed context & insight into the various delays you can expect to encounter with made to order furniture.

Also, to Twiggy above who said the furniture is nothing like RH, um YOU get to choose the configuration of your sofa ordered from LFE. They offer standard depth & the very same 46" luxe depth RH offers. If you don't choose the 46" depth option, you're not going to get it. THAT'S EXACTLY HOW RH DOES IT TOO.

I'm just a normal person, contemplating purchasing a leather sofa & have always loved RH styles, so I'm very educated about what they offer, all the options you can choose, the prices, etc...and, I think it's great other companies are out there giving you the option for a similar product at a lower cost. And yes, all the online furniture companies with RH similar style offerings provide you with the exact same options RH offers.

From what I understand, LFE can offer sofas near to exact replicas of the sofas at RH at half the price is because they do not have expensive, wasteful inventory sitting around, nor do they have a large, glitzy retail location & all the expenses involved with that, or the huge, free catalogs, warehouses all over the country, etc. So yes, that does allow for a very large discount over RH. RH also manufactures their sofas in China, not the US(do the research, it's true.) LFE states on each product's info page the country its made in & you can even filter your search to ONLY made in the USA sofas.

Anyways, I've learned a lot about the industry & what makes a quality piece of furniture AND what's going on when your sofa is taking weeks, then months to get delivered from Duane & his very useful forum, my furniture forum dot com

Just my very long, sorry about that btw, 2¢

• tmilne1
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

My experience with Leather Furniture Expo was a disaster. SEVEN MONTHS after my order was placed and paid for, my charcoal sectional arrived in fire red. Unbelievable! They may have a good product and fair prices, but you are rolling the dice when you order from them. They admitted it was their mistake.

• M V
    3 years ago

I wanted to leave an updated review.

I was very hesitant about moving forward with buying a couch online. I went soley off reviews which were mixed from several (maybe not so reputable) sources. I decided to take my chances and ordered the Maxwell deep (46"), 3 cushion 96" couch in Brompton Caramel. From date of order to delivery was 14 weeks. I was extremely satisfied with communication with LFE, the few times I called I left a voicemail and received a prompt call back. The delivery was swift and stress free. I had a small defect which they took care of within a week of delivery. The couch is extremely high quality leather with firm cushions and is very comfortable overall. I am very happy with my decision and would do it again.

• Jill Kelley
    3 years ago

Where to begin...ordered a $3500 power reclining sofa from LFE in May 2020. Was told 3-4 months due to covid situation. Was contacted by their shipper, Metropolitan Warehouse, that our order had arrived and would be delivered on X date with a 4 hour window for delivery time. Took the day off to be there. Thirty minutes before delivery, received a call that they weren't coming. This happened 2 more times! Finally a sofa was delivered, after 2 weeks and hours on the phone, time off from work, etc. WRONG SOFA!!!! Long story, short - the shippers LOST and still have not found our sofa. No one at the shipping company with any clout would return my calls. Finally, got the wrong sofa picked up and my sofa refunded in full. The manager at LFE said he would "take care of me" if I wanted to place another order - and wait another 4 months! NO WAY!!! LFE may be ok to work with and we will never know about the quality of their sofas as we never got ours. But, I will NEVER be put in a position to use Metropolitan Warehouse again. It is the absolute WORST company! The 2 delivery guys were very nice, efficient and knowledgeable, however.

• Randy Mccombs
    3 years ago

I`m in the same boat, but we are on 8 months after ordering. After months of delays and excuses.

We were informed our furniture would be delivered and they gave a date. We called the day ahead to confirm and was given a window of time for delivery. They called back 10 minutes later to say oh sorry this is not your furniture it belongs to some one else. And they are not sure where our furniture is. The person we spoke wouldn`t give us a direct answer on where and when our furniture is or when we could expect it, just that this never happens but reading these reviews I guess it does happen a lot. The person I talked to at the website # did confirm that I was not the only one with this issue. but no answers and told me that of course the person I spoke to the day before was of course out of town and they could not give us any information and that they were only a company of 5 or so. There was no one higher up to talk to. for such a large company with so many customers to be told that that they are a very small company does make sense. They also say in one ad made in the USA but tell us was manufactured in China. Everything is blamed on shipping

taking no blame for screwing up from start to now which is now the land of lost furniture.

NO ANSWERS JUST ALOT OF EXCUSES

• Kathie Miles
    last year

I had a couple issues but they were corrected with no problem. I was given a few options for the problem with our recliner sofa because their was no one available in our area to service it. I choose to reorder that 1/2. It took 8 mths which zI was ok with cause I had the old one. LFE was really helpful. Quick in taken care of the adjustment once I got my new delivery. We’re extremely Happy with the sofa sectional. The leather is top quality. We had a Smooth pick up delivery, & Customer Service from LFE. My furniture was delivered in the time frame promised even with supply chain issues. I’d use them again. Any issues they took care of extremely fast for us. I Def Recommend LFE.

• HU-174338215
    last year

Terrible! Save your money and your time. We ordered furniture from them because my parents had bought couches from them five years ago. My parents got really nice quality couches that were worth every penny. That was not the case with ours. Our couches were delayed by seven months, arrived damaged and were HORRIBLE quality. We've had them for a few months and they are already wearing thin. The cushions don't have enough fill in them and are already sinking, they don't stay on the couch and we have to constantly adjust them. They are the worst quality couches I've ever owned and the most expensive couches I've ever owned. The customer service is horrible and refuse to acknowledge the absolute decline in the quality of their product. I don't know if they are cutting corners, changed manufacturers or both but SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY AND TIME. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY

• Pete Huegel
    last year

Absolutely terrible experience and getting worse by the day. We were originally told to expect delivery of the Maxwell sofa we ordered in 14 weeks. Several weeks after that date we inquired about deliver and were told to expect it in 2 weeks. Sam, the sales rep we were working with told "just two more weeks" at least a half dozen times over the next 6 months until we finally received our sofa after 8 months. "Just two weeks" became a running joke around our house. During that time Sam ignored nearly all of our emails & voice mails inquiring about the status and would never follow up with updates at the times he told us he would.

On the last call that I had with Sam prior to delivery he let me know that the Italian leather sofa that was to be made in the USA was actually made in Mexico due to trouble sourcing materials.

Upon receipt of the sofa we wished we had never ordered it. The dye was orange not the Brompton Chestnut color on the website, we questioned the qualify of the leather as compared to the sample we'd received and the sofa seats and back pillows were so underfilled the noticeably sagged.

When we contact Sam to let him know of these issues we continued to have out voice mails and emails ignored and on the rare occasions we could speak with Sam he would never follow up on the things he told us he would. Because of this I let Sam know that I would like to return the sofa to which he informed me that the cost would be $700 for return shipping minus up to 40% of the cost of the sofa for any wear and tear that they determine for the time I had the sofa.

As it stands I am still waiting for a follow up from Sam that is a week over due on on top of ignoring my past two emails regarding how to remedy the issues with the sofa.

• Mash
    last month

Pro: cost, quality, color selection and great weekly update on production of my sofa through email.

Con: Smaller than stated size and not enough padding (firm to hard feel when sitting).

Over all I’m satisfied with my purchase for the cost, plus free shipping. Ordered on 11/24/23 and arrived 3/13/24.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm