Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jmcqueen_gw

Leather sofa advice needed

john scott
13 years ago

My wife and I are looking to get a nice real leather sofa. We have seen LeatherCraft and it is nice, but might be over our budget. Is there a comparable brand out there at a better price point that we should look at?

Comments (12)

• raljan
    13 years ago

Check out Hancock & Moore. Not sure how their prices compare, but I have been very satisfied with the quality of both the leather & construction of our 15 year old leather sofa & two reclining wing-back chairs.

• subwaytile
    13 years ago

I will be taking a look at the Hancock & Moore sofas. They seem to have a great reputation. You should also take a look at Thomasville. I was hesitant to shop at Thomasville but I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of their leather couches. The sales rep says they are well made but he is not completely objective. He described Thomasville as mid to upper level and H&C as upper level quality.

• subwaytile
    13 years ago

That would be H&M in the above post. By the way, I shopped for leather sofas at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. PB's Manhattan looked very nice but it was not very comfortable. RH's were very comfortable and looked great but they are too deep for our family (43 to 48 inches).

• cpathens
    13 years ago

Our Classic Leather sofa is 10 years old and has held up very well. We still love it.

• geenacj
    13 years ago

I have read that the seat cushions on a leather sofa should be removable and should have a zipper in order to replace the cushions if they break down over time. Is this true? I just found a sofa I love but all the cushions are attached. Should I purchase a sofa if the cushions are attached?

• Idealistic
    10 years ago

NO NEVER BUY A CUSHION AND BACK THAT IS ATTACHED I know from history that Leathercraft is one of the major companies that does not reverse their cushions and the loose back are attached to the loose seat cushions. I recommend the Furniture Market coming up next week in High Point NC if you cannot make it you can more than likely google and look at photos. You can even call the manufacturers and ask them more about the product if you found something you like.

• abrahamjobs
    10 years ago

Hi,
    my point of view custom leather furniture sofa's are gud to buy. it comes for life time you have to comfort to sit and sleep in that custom leather sofa . it comes under budjet only

• sushipup1
    8 years ago

Don't shop at Town and Country Leather.... spammers!

• PRO
    Town & Country Leather
    8 years ago

I beg to difer with you sushipup1 they asked for advice and I'm qaulified to give it and that's what Houzz is all about! Geez! I am sure that's not spamming.

• sushipup1
    8 years ago

The GardenWeb side of Houzz does not allow companies to link to their websites. You may want to check with Administrators. Linking to your website is considered spamming, or unwanted advertising.

• jrb451
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Idealitics writes: "NO NEVER BUY A CUSHION AND BACK THAT IS ATTACHED"

Is it possible/realistic to replace the seat cushion(s) on a sofa like this? Who would you contact about doing this? Would it offer any cost savings over buying a replacement?

• Kathy Harrington
    8 years ago

We've had our classic leather sofa less than a year, but love it!