Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leather sofa advice needed

Posted by jmcqueen (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 26, 10 at 8:20

My wife and I are looking to get a nice real leather sofa. We have seen LeatherCraft and it is nice, but might be over our budget. Is there a comparable brand out there at a better price point that we should look at?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leather sofa advice needed

Check out Hancock & Moore. Not sure how their prices compare, but I have been very satisfied with the quality of both the leather & construction of our 15 year old leather sofa & two reclining wing-back chairs.

o

I will be taking a look at the Hancock & Moore sofas. They seem to have a great reputation. You should also take a look at Thomasville. I was hesitant to shop at Thomasville but I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of their leather couches. The sales rep says they are well made but he is not completely objective. He described Thomasville as mid to upper level and H&C as upper level quality.

o
RE: Leather sofa advice needed-1

That would be H&M in the above post. By the way, I shopped for leather sofas at Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. PB's Manhattan looked very nice but it was not very comfortable. RH's were very comfortable and looked great but they are too deep for our family (43 to 48 inches).

o

Our Classic Leather sofa is 10 years old and has held up very well. We still love it.

o

I have read that the seat cushions on a leather sofa should be removable and should have a zipper in order to replace the cushions if they break down over time. Is this true? I just found a sofa I love but all the cushions are attached. Should I purchase a sofa if the cushions are attached?

o

NO NEVER BUY A CUSHION AND BACK THAT IS ATTACHED I know from history that Leathercraft is one of the major companies that does not reverse their cushions and the loose back are attached to the loose seat cushions. I recommend the Furniture Market coming up next week in High Point NC if you cannot make it you can more than likely google and look at photos. You can even call the manufacturers and ask them more about the product if you found something you like.

o

Hi,
my point of view custom leather furniture sofa's are gud to buy. it comes for life time you have to comfort to sit and sleep in that custom leather sofa . it comes under budjet only

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here