Return to the Furniture Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it worth a trip to Farmville,VA to buy furniture?

Posted by leverhart (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 11, 11 at 5:49

I need to buy a kitchen table and chairs, a bedroom suite and coffee table. Farmville is three hours away. I have heard that they have some nice furniture at discount prices, but I don't know if it's worth the trip. I don't think that they arrange delivery, but I don't know. Any advice would be welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it worth a trip to Farmville,VA to buy furniture?

You might start by browsing their stores, and call to see if they deliver. Maybe just go and spend the day browsing, and if you see things you like, go back another time and pick up your purchases if they don't deliver to your area.

Amish Originals looks like it would be interesting to browse through.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Farmville, Va Furniture.

o

we just bought a Habersham work table for the kitchen at Greenfront. It was something that was done as trial and never made it to the regular retail. Great price. I do agree that it is worth a second trip.

o

If you really know what they have and if they claim to have great discount prices, I would give it a try. You never know what you may find

o

leverhart, did you go?

o

I used to live in Charlottesville, VA and it was a 2 hour drive to Farmville to shop at Green Front. Absolutely it's worth it! Incredible selection of mid-high end furniture arrayed in 9 tobacco warehouses --- which are HUGE! And they have an incredible assortment of hand-knotted Oriental carpets -- over 3,000 of them. I've purchased quite a bit of furniture there, plus several Oriental carpets at tremendous savings. They delivered to my home in Charlottesville....Things I could take home in my car, I did. Also, whenever I had guests, they wanted to drive to Farmville to shop for furniture. I definitely recommend it. Plan to shop all day....There are several nice hotels/motels in the area if you want to make a weekend of it.

To see the brands they carry, visit their home page and you'll see all of the brands. I'm very, very happy with everything I purchased there.

Do plan to walk between the warehouses, which are all clustered in downtown Farmville. And then you'll be walking through these huge warehouses, with their multiple levels. So wear comfortable shoes. And dress warmly, because the warehouses are not heated to normal room temps....they're heated, but not to 72 degrees.

Here is a link that might be useful: Green Front Furniture

o

Thanks to all for the advice. I have not gone yet, but plan to do so after the holidays. Happy holidays to all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Furniture Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here