Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_cwod

dining table hesitations

chris_cwod
11 years ago

Hi,

I've fallen in love with a trestle table from one of the custom lines available at Toms Price, but I'm a little hesitant and am hoping maybe someone here can help me.

We have medium brown maple cabinets with a black island, and I would like a distressed maple table with a dark brownish/blackish stain. This particular table we like, however, is only available in oak or cherry. Yet this custom line does offer maple for other tables, just not this particular one. The salesperson is looking into whether the company will make the table in maple for us, but I'm wondering why they wouldn't just offer that in the first place. Is there some reason I'm not aware of why maple might not be used for certain tables? I don't want to order something if there's a good reason why they don't usually do it.

Also, we'd like to go with hand planing (makes it slightly wavy) to make the style more rustic, but we aren't able to see a sample of what that looks like from this particular company. Would you be concerned about that or do you think that sort of distressing is pretty standard?

Their sale ends Monday, so I have to make a decision quickly. Thanks in advance for your help!