Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peggross1

Where to buy Hancock & Moore Furniture in NJ?

peggross1
15 years ago

The Hancock & Moore website does not list retailers, and I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy H&M furniture in NJ. In particular, we are interested in the Chesterfield Sleep sofa.

I'd love any tips on where to shop. Thanks!

Comments (5)

• mjn2
    15 years ago

A former respected member of this forum referred me to Valley Furniture in NJ:

www.valleyfurnitureshop.com

They are located in Watchung and when my wife and I went there 6 months ago they had at least 8 different H&M sofas and loveseats. They are on the pricey side and have a lot of high end furniture on display. We decided to just shop there, pick the style and color (they have all of the books of the various hydes and colors) but buy elsewhere.

• peggross1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the tip, mjn2! Sounds like a plan (I'd also be interested in where you ultimately bought your H&M furniture from and if you were satisfied, etc.)

Coincidently, a Scully & Scully catalog just showed up at our house and features a sleeper sofa that looked to me exactly like the H&M we are trying to find! I called the store and found that it indeed is an H&M, although they claim they had it made for them in a superior leather, which is why they are able to change the name to "Mayfair".
    They're selling it for $5,250. I really need to shop for it to get my head around what it really should cost.

Any other suggestions out there?

• mccall
    15 years ago

You should try Duane Collie he used to post on here but now has his own forum. He has a wonderful bricks and Mortar store in VA but also does internet sales and has very good prices even with shipping.
    check out his forum

Here is a link that might be useful: Furniture forum

• mjn2
    15 years ago

Sure thing, smarge. Also, I did reach out to Duane as 'mccall' suggested. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I had him provide pricing and although it was far better in comparison to Valley Furniture prices my wife was able to get the same exact pieces from another retailer for 20% less than what we were quoted by Duane.

http://www.anniesfurniture.com/`

As part of H&M Town and Country promotion, we purchased the Austin High back sofa, Austin high back loveseat, 2 Austin Recliners and a matching ottoman all in Document Chestnut for $7100 (no tax) and with shipping included. We placed the order on Presidents Day and received all of the pieces about 10 weeks later. Everything came in perfect condition and even the delivery people were polite.

Have fun...

• twelve-kids
    13 years ago

That's an amazing price from Annie's. It sure beat my quote.

I had Annie's quote a town and country version of an Austin sofa and two recliners. They were only $200 cheaper than The Keeping Room (Duane Collie) but The Keeping Room had been in business longer, sold more leather furniture, including Hancock and Moore, and didn't appear that they were going to go out of business anytime soon like a lot of the deep discounters.

So I went with them. Everything turned out great, including a repair I needed.

I've had so much bad service from dealers in the past, I'm very careful who I buy from.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County