Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
camillez_gw

anyone know Pacer Furniture out of CA?

camillez
16 years ago

I have a 2nd hand large leather chair I love. I got said chair at my favorite consignment store. It's in great shape: the leather, the springs, the duck-down cushion. So squishy and comfy. Fabulouis deal, too. The store owner said the client said chair came from pottery barn (or crate and barrel?). It looks like it could have. Who knows.

The only tag I can find is on the cushion which says "Pacific Coast Feather" and made for "Pacer Furniture MFG" in Cali. Pacer has a miniscule website and no real google presence.

Anyone know anything else? I'm just curious.

Comments (3)

• edschaller_comcast_net
    16 years ago

Your product is actually way better than PBarn, etc. Pacer is only availabel to wholesale--decorators, designerss, etc and very high price point. My sectional was $4K WHOLESALE as a decorator, 3 yrs ago. They are awful with websites and cust service though and when i bought mine, their employee turnover was high. But most everything they sell is custom. If you have any designer friends or decorator frineds, it's worth a trip to the furniture mart in SF or LV to see what is out there--wholesale is the only way to go with furniture. Or try the manuf outlets in NC--good job on the consignment route--very good quality you ended up with. God Bless

• summernancy
    14 years ago

Pacer makes great quality furniture. I used to work for them. Erica is right about the customer service though. I couldn't even get return calls as an employee. As for contact, you can try to call them direct and ask for the name of a store in your area that carries them. 323-235-3900. 2 stores that I remember that carried them at one point are Design and Details in Boca Raton 561-395-0900 and Modern Home Relics in Redlands CA 909-335-9779. Not sure if either of them still carry the line, but you could try. They are very select about who they give their entire catalog to, so good luck finding someone who can identify the frame you are looking for. Most stores just have a handful of frames in their catalog. Design and Details should have the whole catalog if they still do business with them. As for buying wholesale, they only like to deal with furniture stores who buy a lot from them, so I would not even go that route. The other problem with buying wholesale furniture, in general, is that you cannot return, you have to deal with all of the freight damages on your own--and I promise you there will be damages, and freight is ridiculously expensive on one piece. And where do you receive the items? Those big trucks do not deliver to residences. You are better off paying retail (or discounted retail) and being able to take advantage of the service the furniture store gives you. It is not worth the money you save on one item. Not to mention warranty. Buying wholesale through a friend doesn't give you anyone to fall back on when you have warranty issues. Bad idea for anyone not in the furniture business themselves.

• contessadecicco2
    5 years ago

Pacer.......wow that brings back memories. I was one of those designers and we used Pacer a lot, because they did do custom work or would tweak something if needed it. I personally still own the sofa and lounge chair that I costumed order back in 1982. I was truly spoiled because they delivered my order to my door; but then again I spec'ed them on every job I did, and that was 500 room hotels in Vegas, so it was in volumes. Given that the upholstery has needed to be replaced twice from wear, the frames are still in excellent shape, and I am once again having them reupholstered for my new home. To bad they went out of business, they offered a good product, but mostly to those of us that did do wholesale. We did so much business with them, we were at the top of their list for great service. If it's Pacer furniture, it is worth reupholstering.