Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trinitym_gw

Foremost Furniture and American Leather

TrinityM
18 years ago

I'd like to report a good outcome from my recent discussions with these two companies.

On another thread I wrote about a problem with my AL Comfort Sleeper. Thanks to the help I got here, I was able to move my customer service inquiries along quickly. The short version of a long story (available if anybody needs it) is that mine couldn't be fixed. I opted for returning my sofa and getting a store credit. I need to have the floors refinished and some other work done here, so I'll be sofaless for a while.

I do plan to buy another AL sleeper, king-sized next time. I really liked my queen, despite its problems, so I look forward to its replacement.

Comments (3)

• TrinityM
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I was really, really, really wrong. I have had the most horrible experience with them ever since I wrote this, and yesterday (Nov. 26) was absolutely the worst comsumer experience I've had in any city, anywhere, any time. Even worse than trying to end your trial period with AOL. But far more expensive.

I will write about it so people know, especially since this is a big ticket sale time. But I've been so angry I can't see straight. When I calm down I'll write details and let others judge for themselves. Till then, I needed to say, no matter who you deal with there, you're in for shockingly bad manners, bad business practices, and breathtakingly bad treatment. Bad faith, confirmed by the best legal minds since I left there in horror.

Right now, I can only muster up: American Leather good, Foremost bad.

• Loretta NJ Z6
    18 years ago

I saw you post on the other thread. I never bought from Foremost but a friend had a bad experience with them when their furniture wouldn't fit in their new house.

• TrinityM
    Original Author
    17 years ago

And now I'm still stuck with a credit at Foremost. I went today to look at the AL and American Upholstery items, as well as the Inova murphy bed which is also a table. Great items all, but I so regret ever having given Foremost a dime. I have yet to find a person who works there who is remotely honest or helpful, or who has any manners whatsoever.

However, no reflection on American Leather. I'm still grateful for this forum, and for the professionals who keep an eye on things here.

I guess furniture stores assume you won't be buying that much furniture over time, so why bother. That's the only explanation I can muster.

Anyway, that's my update. Abysmal. Who would think a store would make spending $3000 would be something you dread? You gotta work hard to be that nasty. It's what other people call bad New York behavior, although most of NY doesn't act this way.